Diff between OVM and UVM

Hi Sudheer,

I wish there wont be much difference between OVM & UVM!! Bcoz in UVM they had as such used the OVM base library, might be the difference is that they would be incorporating some of the features from the VMM into UVM!!

I tried changing one of our OVM TB into UVM & gave a run, it was working fine, probably issues might shoot up later or may be not!! :-)

I wish atleast this stays stable and moves forward!! Gud luk to all the UVM users!!

Thanks,

Desperado --> Gud luk to UVM :-)

Hello,

If you were previously using IUS/IES and executing irun -ovm or irun -ovm_home $OVM_HOME in your run script, you will need to modify your run script to use the following instead (for now):

$UVM_HOME/src/uvm_pkg.sv

+incdir+$UVM_HOME/src

(And remember to set UVM_HOME to the path to the library!). The examples in the UVM release do this for you.

Kathleen

• 5 weeks later...

Hello All,

There are some differences in uvm_callback class and ovm_callback class methods which I noticed.

(1) ovm_callback::add_cb() Relevant method in UVM is uvm_callback::add()

(2) ovm_callback::delete_cb() Relevant method in UVM is uvm_callback::delete()

(3) ovm_callback::get_global_cbs() Relevant method in UVM is uvm_callback::get()

(4) ovm_callback::display_cbs() Relevant method in UVM is uvm_callback::display()

Thanks,

Pratik

• 7 months later...

Hi,

May I know what does it mean to change one of your OVM TB to UVM?, what is it you have to do to you OVM TB to change it to UVM?

Thanks,

Jerome

Hi Sudheer,

I wish there wont be much difference between OVM & UVM!! Bcoz in UVM they had as such used the OVM base library, might be the difference is that they would be incorporating some of the features from the VMM into UVM!!

I tried changing one of our OVM TB into UVM & gave a run, it was working fine, probably issues might shoot up later or may be not!! :-)

I wish atleast this stays stable and moves forward!! Gud luk to all the UVM users!!

Thanks,

Desperado --> Gud luk to UVM :-)

• 3 weeks later...

hi,

going from OVM to UVM should be not a big deal. saying that obviously means that this is true the closer you stayed to the OVM main functionality and didnt use internals/obsolete/private extensions to the core.

there is a script to help you in that conversion which is part of the UVM release. it should take existing OVM code and get you to running UVM code (or pretty close). so far migrations i've seen took from 30sec upto 1day max.

• 2 weeks later...