Does VMM RAL exists in UVM ???

During the OVM-VMM interop I send out testcases that used VMM-RAL over OVM VIP.

Based on feedback and assessments this was improved and now we have a VMM RAL version that works with UVM base class.

The Accellera committee is currently working on defining the UVM register package.

Synopsys can provide VMM RAL to Accellera to consider as a starting point for register packages.

We hope you will participate in ensuring that UVM Register Package meets your usage requirements.

You can contact me directly for more info if neccessary.

adiel@synopsys.com

Based on Adiel & team's work we at CVC (www.cvcblr.com) have demonstrated to few local customers how VMM-RAL can be used on top of OVM. Given that UVM is largely similar to OVM, smae flow should work. Will see if I can get some example up rather quickly next week!

Srini

www.cvcblr.com/blog

@Adiel & Srini:

Thanks to both of you for giving your inputs regarding the same.

But well my intrusion was, what register package are they gona standardize inside UVM, as we RAL seems more popularized than other register package !!! Well are there any chance for knowing which register package are they going to use in UVM!!!

Thanks For your reply,

Desperado

Hi All,

As several have mentioned in this thread, the Accellera committee is currently working on a register package solution. There are a few packages converted to run with the UVM, including the Cadence package posed in the UVM contributions area http://www.uvmworld.org/contributions-details.php?id=83&keywords=Cadence_UVM_RGM2.2_Release. The Cadence package was converted from an OVM version so it has a heritage of compatibility with the BCL.

Please keep in mind that NONE of the UVM register packages are official at this time. Here at DAC the chairs stated that the VIP TSC is working toward a goal of releasing UVM 1.0 with a register package and other features by the end of October. That release will be feature driven, so the data itself is tentative. Given that, you can move to the UVM today with confidence in the BCL, but understand that if you choose a register package it may change with the UVM 1.0 release.

=Adam Sherer, Cadence Product Management and Accellera VIP TSC Secretary

Adam has said it very well - as of today, whichever Reg-pkg you choose it is likely that you may want/need to migrate to the Accellera version few quarters down the line. However does that mean you don't use an existing one? - perhaps not! I would recommend use the one that's familiar to you or to your vendor (if you seek active support). As and when the Accellera version is out, as a customer you may demand a "migration" script/route from your friendly EDA vendor/consultant :-)

HTH

Srini

www.cvcblr.com/blog