m_parent in ubus example

• 1 month later...

Hi There,

As I understand.

Based on the layering hierarchy graph of ubus example, Each instance is a node connected to others to form the graph. Hierarchy is overlaid with m_parent.

The m_parent in the ubus_master_monitor points to ubus_master_agent instance in the ubus_env.

Hope this help you~

Hi There,

As I understand.

Based on the layering hierarchy graph of ubus example, Each instance is a node connected to others to form the graph. Hierarchy is overlaid with m_parent.

The m_parent in the ubus_master_monitor points to ubus_master_agent instance in the ubus_env.

Hope this help you~

Hi Roman,

thanks for your reply.

1) does this mean if I see m_parent in monitor, then I know it points to env?

2) does this mean m_parent is a "default defintion" in UVM?

thanks

Avoid using any undocumented variable or method, especially if prefixed with "m_". Since SystemVerilog does not support friend classes, they are public for implementation reasons. They are not part of the standard and are subject to removal/renaming/modification.

Use uvm_component::get_parent().

thanks for this information. Is there any other "code" which is not supported by standard but appear in the example?

Hi,

In the ubus example: assign_vif function is used.

But this approach is not recommended because of lack of reuse when hierarchy is changing from project to project.

I recommend to use the uvm_config_db utility to transmit the vif or cfg obj crossing the hierarchy.