How to display the 'default_sequence' in topology?

Hi,

as we know, in UVM1.0, the following line is replaced,

original one: set_config_string("tb_axi_ovc_self_loop_inst.axi_ovc_mst.master.sequencer", "default_sequence", seq_name_s);

replaced as: uvm_config_db#(uvm_object_wrapper)::set(this, "tb_axi_ovc_self_loop_inst.axi_ovc_mst.master.sequencer.run_phase",

"default_sequence", axi_master_wr_rd_sequence::type_id::get());

But when I call uvm_top.print() in test case build_phase, I can not find the 'default_sequence' from that table, is there any way to tell me whether my sequence config is successful?Thanks!

BR

Mike

you can run the ubus example in the UVM kit 1.0.

irun.log

sequencer uvm_sequencer - @6187

rsp_export uvm_analysis_export - @6450

recording_detail uvm_verbosity 32 UVM_FULL

seq_item_export uvm_seq_item_pull_imp - @7347

arbitration_queue array 0 -

lock_queue array 0 -

num_last_reqs integral 32 'd1

num_last_rsps integral 32 'd1

we can not see the default sequence, so I don't know if we have configured the default sequence properly.

In test case, using uvm_config_db method:

code:

uvm_config_db#(uvm_object_wrapper)::set(this,"*.ubus0.masters[0].sequencer.main_phase", 
			       "default_sequence",
				loop_read_modify_write_seq::type_id::get());

we can not see the default sequence, so I don't know if we have configured the default sequence properly.

IF you are setting default_sequence of the sub-phases of run_phase, e.g. main_phase,

THEN by setting the simulation verbosity to UVM_FULL, the log file should tell you which default sequence is being executed in which run sub-phase.

Caveats:

- You do not get this info if you set the default sequence of run_phase itself, only the sub-phases..

- Tested on Incisive only

IF you are setting default_sequence of the sub-phases of run_phase, e.g. main_phase,

THEN by setting the simulation verbosity to UVM_FULL, the log file should tell you which default sequence is being executed in which run sub-phase.

Caveats:

- You do not get this info if you set the default sequence of run_phase itself, only the sub-phases..

- Tested on Incisive only

Hi Bart,

Setting verbosity to UVM_FULL also works well with Questa (Log as below), Thanks for suggestion.

-------------------------------

# UVM_INFO C:Users/seq/uvm_sequencer_base.svh(1343) @ 0: uvm_test_top.m_env.m_sequencer [PHASESEQ] No default phase sequence for phase 'run'

# UVM_INFO C:Users/seq/uvm_sequencer_base.svh(1343) @ 0: uvm_test_top.m_env.m_sequencer [PHASESEQ] No default phase sequence for phase 'pre_reset'

# UVM_INFO C:Users/seq/uvm_sequencer_base.svh(1343) @ 0: uvm_test_top.m_env.m_sequencer [PHASESEQ] Starting default sequence 'my_sequence' for phase 'main'

-------------------------------

Gordon,

Default sequence is not displayed even when uvm_top.print() is called from end_of_elaboration_phase(), please check Janick’s reply at

http://www.uvmworld.org/forums/showthread.php?168-enable_print_topology

so the suggestion by Bart seems to be appropriate. Does anyone has any other idea?

BR,

RC