UVM_users_guid_1.0.pdf Feb 23/2011: Page 190: `uvm_update_sequence_lib

Hi

As per the uvm_users_guide_1.0.pdf (dated Feb 23, 2011) at Page 190 on Virtual Sequencer example shows

The following example declares a virtual sequencer with two subsequencers. Two interfaces called eth and cpu are created in the build function, which will be hooked up to the actual sub-sequencers.

class simple_virtual_sequencer extends uvm_sequencer;

eth_sequencer eth_seqr;

cpu_sequencer cpu_seqr;

// Constructor

function new(input string name="simple_virtual_sequencer",

input uvm_component parent=null);

super.new(name, parent);

// Automation macro for virtual sequencer (no data item)

`uvm_update_sequence_lib

endfunction

// UVM automation macros for sequencers

`uvm_sequencer_utils(simple_virtual_sequencer)

endclass: simple_virtual_sequencer

so when I tried the `uvm_update_sequence_lib in testebench got following error

Identifier 'uvm_update_sequence_lib' has not been declared yet. If this

error is not expected, please check if you have set `default_nettype to

none.

and 'uvm_update_sequence_lib is missing uvm_class_reference_Manual_1.0.pdf

Any idea ?

Jay

In next UVM release, uvm_deprecated_defines.svh should not be removed after discussed with Sharon in cadence seminar.

you could also use the uvm_update_sequence_lib in 1.0 if you don't want to change.

but we recommend to use the `uvm_object_utils(seq_name) &`uvm_declare_p_sequencer(sequencer_name)

One more point to note the testbench is compiled with +define+UVM_NO_DEPRECATED to avoid using any UVM EA stuff which deprecated in UVM 1.0.. so the document refers some EA stuff...

Jay

yes,

uvm_update_sequence_lib refers to a deprecated facility (thats why its not documented anymore) and UVM_NO_DEPRECATED removes all deprecated code from the library. to move ahead simply remove the uvm_update_sequence_lib line.

/uwe

The UVM1.0 documentation is a little rough - plenty of features undocumented as well as artefacts and deprecated constructs from UVM1.0EA. Unsurprising really given the scale of the changes and the time-scales of the release. Several features were added very late in the release cycle and changes to sequences was one of these. I understand there will be a UVM bugfix release in the next month or so & I believe this will tidy up the documentation.

hi,

all change requests should be filed here:

http://eda.org/svdb/bug_report_page.php

you may also want to check the latest user guide + ref (release candidate for uvm11) if you are an accellera member here:

http://www.accellera.org/apps/org/workgroup/vip/download.php/4183/uvm_guide_1.1_ballot_may_11.pdf

http://www.accellera.org/apps/org/workgroup/vip/download.php/4143/UVM_1.1_Class_Reference_for_member_review.pdf

Hi Uwes

Thanks. I am not a member of accellera member, so I may not be able to access this document.

Jay

hi,

to see the docs your company need to be an accellera member. to file a bug in mantis you do not need to be an accellera member.

/uwe