Subsystem reuse case

Khushi

Hi

I have a design(top) with two instances of a subsystem(ss). In the subsystem(ss) I have an instance of a component(cmp). My design instances looks like

top.ss1

top.ss1.cmp

top.ss2

top.ss2.cmp

The component (cmp) is a generic component,(lets say a memory which has a generic parameter SIZE and during the instantiation of that component we specify the SIZE for that instance).

I created a component and specify the SIZE as model parameter. Then I created a subsystem design with an instance of component cmp and specify the SIZE parameter in IP-Xact design(configurable element value). I instantiate that subsystem as ss1 in top. So far so good.

Now I have to instantiated the same subsystem as ss2 in same top and in top.ss2.cmp.SIZE parameter value is different then top.ss1.cmp.SIZE. The cmp SIZE value is specified while creating the cmp instance in subsystem component. Here I stuck because I do not find a way to have different values of top.ss1.cmp.SIZE and top.ss2.cmp.SIZE.  

Is there a way to do this in Ip-Xact ?

Thanks

Khushi