New UVM Reference Implementation Now Available

The Accellera UVM Working Group has released the UVM 2017 0.9 reference implementation. This implementation is available as a SystemVerilog class library and is fully compatible with the IEEE 1800.2-2017 standard as defined in the Language Reference Manual. The library can be downloaded for free here. The IEEE 1800.2-2017 standard is available free of charge from the IEEE Get program, courtesy of Accellera. We encourage you to use this forum to provide feedback, ask questions, and engage in discussions.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2019 at 10:28 PM, Roman Popov said:

This is not official Accellera repository.  But in case your company is Accellera member you can request access to Accellera UVM git repositories.

Unfortunately I'm not with a member company. I was hoping that I'd have read permissions regardless of my current affiliation. As a user I'd like to see the connection between discussions in the official forum, the issues reported to the issue management system, and the code being developed in response to that. The ability to immediately test that code and possibly give feedback as code comments or a pull request. More like Github, Gitlab and other platforms. Seems to me that this would be a more efficient way to give and get user feedback.

Accellera Announces Public Source Code Repository
SystemC Reference Implementation to be first publicly available sources in GitHub

We envision other Accellera working groups to follow with additional open source implementations.

2 days! That's fast response

The public repository will provide a more direct interaction with the community and offers a platform to quickly resolve issues or bugs found

Exactly!

Alongside the new public repository, the Accellera private repository remains available for Accellera member companies, containing the latest enhancements and new features.

If you're not open in the design/pre-release phase you're likely to miss use cases and if the members have committed themselves to solutions  and switched their focus to other tasks I imagine that there will be an unwillingness  to go back and redo things even if new important insights have been revealed.

We have seen a great deal of interest from developers that would like access to our open source reference implementations directly from a code repository so that they can create their own fork for easy adaptation to their specific projects

I think most users would like a code base they can build upon, not one that needs adaptations to make it work. Being fully transparent about the code in the making will reduce the risk for such adaptations

What I'm suggesting is free and efficient access to the collective intelligence of the entire community at a point in the development cycles where it makes the most difference. I'm not suggesting a shift in the rights to make the final decisions. That's exclusive to the paying members. What's preventing this from happening within Accellera?