Questa OnFinish

Erling

Is there a way to have Questa stop, and nothing else, on $finish? I have tried the OnFinish options, but all of them have unwanted side effects:

ask - puts up a dialog on every finish.

stop - echoes distracting info on the transcript and opens uvm_root. Want neither, just stop.

final - same as stop, but now uvm_objections is opened, not uvm_root. Huh?

exit - quits Questa. That's too much, want the simulation to stay loaded.

Ideas?

Erling

I assume you are talking about the GUI. When you set the Onfinish to something other than exit, it places a breakpoint on the $finish and echos one line to tell you that it has stop at the $finish.

There is an OpenOnBreak setting that you can turn off so that it doesn't open up to the line in the source code where the simulator stopped.

What's echoed on the transcript is usually something like this:

# ** Warning: (vsim-WLF-5000) WLF file currently in use: vsim.wlf

# File in use by: Hostname: ProcessID: 1

# Attempting to use alternate WLF file "./wlftqx0vde".

# ** Warning: (vsim-WLF-5001) Could not open WLF file: vsim.wlf

# Using alternate file: ./wlftqx0vde

# ** Note: $finish : C:/questasim_10.0c/win32/../verilog_src/uvm-1.1/src/base/uvm_root.svh(408)

# Time: 2730 us Iteration: 51 Instance: /top/test

# Break in Task uvm_pkg/uvm_root::run_test at C:/questasim_10.0c/win32/../verilog_src/uvm-1.1/src/base/uvm_root.svh line 408

This is not a total disaster, but it does interfere with my log. The OpenOnBreak seems to have no effect, but I may use it incorrectly, found nothing about usage in the manual, just a reference to the setting. Anyway, I actually want to have open on break as it is, but not open on finish, I just want questa stop the simulation silently and have it stay loaded.

Erling