setting default sequence thru commandline options

I tried setting the default seq from command line:

+uvm_set_config_string=uvm_test_top.evt1_top_env0.axi_top.axi_system_env.master[0].sequencer.run_phase,default_sequence,axi_intermediate_master_sequence::type_id::get()

I also tried escaping the string as

-s_opt \+uvm_set_config_string\=uvm_test_top\.evt1_top_env0\.axi_top.axi_system_env.master[0]\.sequencer\.run_phase,default_sequence,axi_intermediate_master_sequence\:\:type_id\:\:get\(\).

None of them work.

I get the error..

no matches found: +uvm_set_config_string=uvm_test_top.evt1_top_env0.axi_top.axi_system_env.master[0].sequencer.run_phase,default_sequence,axi_intermediate_master_sequence::type_id::get.

Does anybody see what's wrong with this?

Do you know for sure that I can set the default sequence from command line by specifying the name itself with set_config_string? I was reading in a document which said that String based default sequence,

set_config_string(<inst>,”default_sequence”,<seq>) is deprecated. Instead type is used.

change to

uvm_config_db#(uvm_object_wrapper)::set(this, “seqr.run_phase”,“default_sequence”, myseq::type_id::get());

Do you know how to set it from command line?

For anybody who might have the questions...

For now I found a work around for my problem, by passing the name of the sequence on the cmdline as a plus arg and using that with factory.find_by_name(var) as in

uvm_config_db#(uvm_object_wrapper)::set(this, "*.sequencer.run_phase", "default_sequence", factory.find_by_name(default_seq));

hi,

there is a pending mantis http://eda.org/svdb/view.php?id=3741. this highlights an issue that one cannot set the default sequence from via a string (and therefore from the cmdline) together with the new phase hooks.

to make it clear:

- "set_config_string(<inst>,”default_sequence”,<seq>)" is not deprecated at all. neither set_config_string nor the string way.

- what is deprecated is to setting the default_sequence WITHOUT specifiying the phase (that means the path without the ".xyz_phase" postfix)

- setting the default sequence via the type or seq-instance has benefits (type safety, param types) but in some areas the string is legit, valid and the best way to go.

/uwe