Unresolved reference to 'create_item' in $root.create_item !!!!

I downloaded the UVM Run-Time Phases Primer (v0.5.1) from the UVM World Contributions column.

###############################################################

When I compiles it under the QuestaSim 10.0b and uvm-1.0p1, the compiler reports waring as follows:

vlog -timescale "1ns/1ps" -mfcu -incr -suppress 2181 +acc=rmb -writetoplevels questa.tops +incdir+../../../uvm-1.0p1/src +incdir+../../src ../../../uvm-1.0p1/src/uvm.sv test.sv

QuestaSim vlog 10.0b Compiler 2011.05 May 5 2011

-- Compiling package uvm_pkg

-- Compiling package uvm_phase_awareness_pkg

-- Compiling package blk_a_pkg

** Warning: ../../src/blk_a_seq_lib.svh(159): (vlog-7046) The name 'create_item' is not found. The tool will treat the name as a reference starting at $root. If this is unexpected please check

the spelling of the name 'create_item'.

-- Compiling package blk_b_pkg

** Warning: ../../src/blk_b_seq_lib.svh(159): (vlog-7046) The name 'create_item' is not found. The tool will treat the name as a reference starting at $root. If this is unexpected please check

-- Compiling package rst_pkg

-- Compiling package test_pkg

-- Compiling package test_a_pkg

-- Compiling package test_b_pkg

-- Compiling program top

Top level modules:

When I simulates it after compiling, the simulator reports errors as follow:

# vsim +UVM_VERBOSITY=UVM_MEDIUM +UVM_TESTNAME=test -do {do wave.do; run -all; q} -l questa.log -novopt -sv_lib ../../../uvm-1.0p1/lib/uvm_dpi top

# Refreshing E:\i-TDM\eCodes\sim\phasing_primer_v5.1\tests\03test_ab_reset\work.top

# Refreshing E:\i-TDM\eCodes\sim\phasing_primer_v5.1\tests\03test_ab_reset\work.rst_pkg

# Refreshing E:\i-TDM\eCodes\sim\phasing_primer_v5.1\tests\03test_ab_reset\work.uvm_pkg

# Loading sv_std.std

# Loading work.uvm_pkg

# Loading work.rst_pkg

# Refreshing E:\i-TDM\eCodes\sim\phasing_primer_v5.1\tests\03test_ab_reset\work.test_b_pkg

# Refreshing E:\i-TDM\eCodes\sim\phasing_primer_v5.1\tests\03test_ab_reset\work.test_pkg

# Loading work.test_pkg

# Refreshing E:\i-TDM\eCodes\sim\phasing_primer_v5.1\tests\03test_ab_reset\work.blk_b_pkg

# Refreshing E:\i-TDM\eCodes\sim\phasing_primer_v5.1\tests\03test_ab_reset\work.uvm_phase_awareness_pkg

# Loading work.uvm_phase_awareness_pkg

# Loading work.blk_b_pkg

# Loading work.test_b_pkg

# Refreshing E:\i-TDM\eCodes\sim\phasing_primer_v5.1\tests\03test_ab_reset\work.test_a_pkg

# Refreshing E:\i-TDM\eCodes\sim\phasing_primer_v5.1\tests\03test_ab_reset\work.blk_a_pkg

# Loading work.blk_a_pkg

# Loading work.test_a_pkg

# Loading work.top

# ** Error: (vsim-3043) ../../src/blk_b_seq_lib.svh(159): Unresolved reference to 'create_item' in $root.create_item.

# Region: /blk_b_pkg::backgroundM_seq

# ** Error: (vsim-3043) ../../src/blk_a_seq_lib.svh(159): Unresolved reference to 'create_item' in $root.create_item.

# Region: /blk_a_pkg::backgroundN_seq

# Loading .\../../../uvm-1.0p1/lib/uvm_dpi.dll

# Error loading design

#################################################################

When I compiles it under the QuestaSim 10.0b and uvm-1.1, the compiler reports warings as follows:

vlog -timescale "1ns/1ps" -mfcu -incr -suppress 2181 +acc=rmb -writetoplevels questa.tops +incdir+../../../uvm-1.1/src +incdir+../../src ../../../uvm-1.1/src/uvm.sv test.sv

** Warning: ../../src/blk_a_seq_lib.svh(159): (vlog-7046) The name 'create_item' is not found. The tool will treat the name as a reference starting at $root. If this is unexpected please check

** Warning: ../../src/blk_a_seq_lib.svh(163): (vlog-7046) The name 'start_item' is not found. The tool will treat the name as a reference starting at $root. If this is unexpected please check t

he spelling of the name 'start_item'.

** Warning: ../../src/blk_a_seq_lib.svh(163): (vlog-7046) The name 'finish_item' is not found. The tool will treat the name as a reference starting at $root. If this is unexpected please check

the spelling of the name 'finish_item'.

** Warning: ../../src/blk_a_seq_lib.svh(163): (vlog-7046) The name 'get_sequencer' is not found. The tool will treat the name as a reference starting at $root. If this is unexpected please chec

k the spelling of the name 'get_sequencer'.

** Warning: ../../src/blk_b_seq_lib.svh(159): (vlog-7046) The name 'create_item' is not found. The tool will treat the name as a reference starting at $root. If this is unexpected please check

** Warning: ../../src/blk_b_seq_lib.svh(163): (vlog-7046) The name 'start_item' is not found. The tool will treat the name as a reference starting at $root. If this is unexpected please check t

** Warning: ../../src/blk_b_seq_lib.svh(163): (vlog-7046) The name 'finish_item' is not found. The tool will treat the name as a reference starting at $root. If this is unexpected please check

** Warning: ../../src/blk_b_seq_lib.svh(163): (vlog-7046) The name 'get_sequencer' is not found. The tool will treat the name as a reference starting at $root. If this is unexpected please chec

-- Compiling program top

Top level modules:

# vsim +UVM_VERBOSITY=UVM_MEDIUM +UVM_TESTNAME=test -do {do wave.do; run -all; q} -l questa.log -novopt -sv_lib ../../../uvm-1.1/lib/uvm_dpi top

# Refreshing E:\i-TDM\eCodes\sim\phasing_primer_v5.1\tests\03test_ab_reset\work.top

# Refreshing E:\i-TDM\eCodes\sim\phasing_primer_v5.1\tests\03test_ab_reset\work.rst_pkg

# Refreshing E:\i-TDM\eCodes\sim\phasing_primer_v5.1\tests\03test_ab_reset\work.uvm_pkg

# Loading sv_std.std

# Loading work.uvm_pkg

# Loading work.rst_pkg

# Refreshing E:\i-TDM\eCodes\sim\phasing_primer_v5.1\tests\03test_ab_reset\work.test_b_pkg

# Refreshing E:\i-TDM\eCodes\sim\phasing_primer_v5.1\tests\03test_ab_reset\work.test_pkg

# Loading work.test_pkg

# Refreshing E:\i-TDM\eCodes\sim\phasing_primer_v5.1\tests\03test_ab_reset\work.blk_b_pkg

# Refreshing E:\i-TDM\eCodes\sim\phasing_primer_v5.1\tests\03test_ab_reset\work.uvm_phase_awareness_pkg

# Loading work.blk_b_pkg

# Refreshing E:\i-TDM\eCodes\sim\phasing_primer_v5.1\tests\03test_ab_reset\work.test_a_pkg

# Refreshing E:\i-TDM\eCodes\sim\phasing_primer_v5.1\tests\03test_ab_reset\work.blk_a_pkg

# Loading work.blk_a_pkg

# Loading work.top

# ** Error: (vsim-3043) ../../src/blk_b_seq_lib.svh(159): Unresolved reference to 'create_item' in $root.create_item.

# ** Error: (vsim-3043) ../../src/blk_b_seq_lib.svh(163): Unresolved reference to 'start_item' in $root.start_item.

# ** Error: (vsim-3043) ../../src/blk_b_seq_lib.svh(163): Unresolved reference to 'finish_item' in $root.finish_item.

# ** Error: (vsim-3043) ../../src/blk_b_seq_lib.svh(163): Unresolved reference to 'get_sequencer' in $root.get_sequencer.

# ** Error: (vsim-3043) ../../src/blk_a_seq_lib.svh(159): Unresolved reference to 'create_item' in $root.create_item.

# ** Error: (vsim-3043) ../../src/blk_a_seq_lib.svh(163): Unresolved reference to 'start_item' in $root.start_item.

# ** Error: (vsim-3043) ../../src/blk_a_seq_lib.svh(163): Unresolved reference to 'finish_item' in $root.finish_item.

# ** Error: (vsim-3043) ../../src/blk_a_seq_lib.svh(163): Unresolved reference to 'get_sequencer' in $root.get_sequencer.

# Loading .\../../../uvm-1.1/lib/uvm_dpi.dll

# Error loading design

#

by comparing the source code- uvm-1.0p1 and uvm-1.1-RC5, we find that the differents are in files -uvm_seqence_item and uvm_sequence_base related to the location of create_item, starte_item, finish_item and get_sequencer defined.

Please to check it!!!!

Thanks!!!

• 8 years later...
On 7/25/2011 at 10:36 AM, qinhailiang said:

I downloaded the UVM Run-Time Phases Primer (v0.5.1) from the UVM World Contributions column.

###############################################################

When I compiles it under the QuestaSim 10.0b and uvm-1.0p1, the compiler reports waring as follows:

vlog -timescale "1ns/1ps" -mfcu -incr -suppress 2181 +acc=rmb -writetoplevels questa.tops +incdir+../../../uvm-1.0p1/src +incdir+../../src ../../../uvm-1.0p1/src/uvm.sv test.sv

-- Compiling program top

Top level modules:

# vsim +UVM_VERBOSITY=UVM_MEDIUM +UVM_TESTNAME=test -do {do wave.do; run -all; q} -l questa.log -novopt -sv_lib ../../../uvm-1.0p1/lib/uvm_dpi top

# Loading sv_std.std

# Loading work.uvm_pkg

# Loading work.rst_pkg

# Loading work.test_pkg

# Loading work.blk_b_pkg

# Loading work.blk_a_pkg

# Loading work.top

# Loading .\../../../uvm-1.0p1/lib/uvm_dpi.dll

# Error loading design

#################################################################

When I compiles it under the QuestaSim 10.0b and uvm-1.1, the compiler reports warings as follows:

vlog -timescale "1ns/1ps" -mfcu -incr -suppress 2181 +acc=rmb -writetoplevels questa.tops +incdir+../../../uvm-1.1/src +incdir+../../src ../../../uvm-1.1/src/uvm.sv test.sv

** Warning: ../../src/blk_a_seq_lib.svh(163): (vlog-7046) The name 'start_item' is not found. The tool will treat the name as a reference starting at $root. If this is unexpected please check t

** Warning: ../../src/blk_a_seq_lib.svh(163): (vlog-7046) The name 'finish_item' is not found. The tool will treat the name as a reference starting at $root. If this is unexpected please check

** Warning: ../../src/blk_a_seq_lib.svh(163): (vlog-7046) The name 'get_sequencer' is not found. The tool will treat the name as a reference starting at $root. If this is unexpected please chec

** Warning: ../../src/blk_b_seq_lib.svh(163): (vlog-7046) The name 'start_item' is not found. The tool will treat the name as a reference starting at $root. If this is unexpected please check t

** Warning: ../../src/blk_b_seq_lib.svh(163): (vlog-7046) The name 'finish_item' is not found. The tool will treat the name as a reference starting at $root. If this is unexpected please check

** Warning: ../../src/blk_b_seq_lib.svh(163): (vlog-7046) The name 'get_sequencer' is not found. The tool will treat the name as a reference starting at $root. If this is unexpected please chec

-- Compiling program top

Top level modules:

# vsim +UVM_VERBOSITY=UVM_MEDIUM +UVM_TESTNAME=test -do {do wave.do; run -all; q} -l questa.log -novopt -sv_lib ../../../uvm-1.1/lib/uvm_dpi top

# Loading sv_std.std

# Loading work.uvm_pkg

# Loading work.rst_pkg

# Loading work.test_pkg

# Loading work.blk_b_pkg

# Loading work.blk_a_pkg

# Loading work.top

# ** Error: (vsim-3043) ../../src/blk_b_seq_lib.svh(163): Unresolved reference to 'start_item' in $root.start_item.

# ** Error: (vsim-3043) ../../src/blk_b_seq_lib.svh(163): Unresolved reference to 'finish_item' in $root.finish_item.

# ** Error: (vsim-3043) ../../src/blk_b_seq_lib.svh(163): Unresolved reference to 'get_sequencer' in $root.get_sequencer.

# ** Error: (vsim-3043) ../../src/blk_a_seq_lib.svh(163): Unresolved reference to 'start_item' in $root.start_item.

# ** Error: (vsim-3043) ../../src/blk_a_seq_lib.svh(163): Unresolved reference to 'finish_item' in $root.finish_item.

# ** Error: (vsim-3043) ../../src/blk_a_seq_lib.svh(163): Unresolved reference to 'get_sequencer' in $root.get_sequencer.

# Loading .\../../../uvm-1.1/lib/uvm_dpi.dll

# Error loading design

#

by comparing the source code- uvm-1.0p1 and uvm-1.1-RC5, we find that the differents are in files -uvm_seqence_item and uvm_sequence_base related to the location of create_item, starte_item, finish_item and get_sequencer defined.

Please to check it!!!!

Thanks!!!

please give someone reply to resolve this issue i am also facing same issue