Problems with the systemc ams extension (maybe installation)

Hi,

I got some problems with the systemc ams library, and came to a point where i run out of ideas what to do, where to search for solutions...

I try to learn systemc-ams, and therefore i don't know too much about it yet, but i got some normal systemc examples done.

Now i tried to do something with the ams-extension but i got following compile error:

make all 
Building target: caes
Invoking: GCC C++ Linker
g++ -L/home/mks/systemc/systemcams/lib-linux -L/home/mks/systemc/systemc/lib-linux -o "caes"  ./sine/main.o  ./shiftreg/main.o  ./lfsr/main.o  ./first_counter/first_counter.o ./first_counter/first_counter_tb.o  ./fifo-int-3/main.o  ./fifo-int-2/main.o  ./fifo-int/main.o  ./cordic/main.o   -lsystemc-ams -lsystemc
/usr/bin/ld: error: /home/mks/systemc/systemcams/lib-linux/libsystemc-ams.a(sca_implementation_info.o): incompatible target
sca_vcd_trace.cpp:470: error: undefined reference to 'sca_core::sca_version()'
collect2: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück
make: *** [caes] Fehler 1

Anyone knows what to do about this?

regards mks

Hello,

The linker error "incompatible target" makes me believe that your libraries and your test programs have not been compiler for the same processor architecture, i.e., either i386 (linux) or x86_64 (linux64). Try to clean and recompile your SystemC and SystemC-AMS on your current Linux installation. Then, recompile your test program.

I strongly suggest you to make sure that you use ASI SystemC 2.3.0 and Fraunhofer SystemC-AMS 1.0 and not anymore SystemC 2.2 and SystemC-AMS 1.0beta2.

Best regards,

Torsten Maehne

Hello,

Please ensure that SystemC 2.3.0 is correctly installed and working before

you install SystemC-AMS 1.0. As a beginner a few tears ago, I had a

miserable 2 weeks trying the then official version of SystemC-AMS

working, before discovering that SystemC itself was not working right.

Hope that helps.