bind interface to port failed: interface already bound to port error

I have a scenario where I have a model (initiator) with following ports

tlm::tlm_initiator_socket<32,tlm::tlm_base_protocol_types,0,SC_ZERO_OR_MORE_BOUND> Out;

and another model(target) with following ports

tlm::tlm_target_socket<32,tlm::tlm_base_protocol_types,1,SC_ZERO_OR_MORE_BOUND> In[2];

When I connect them as

initiator_inst->Out.bind(target_inst->In[0]);
initiator_inst->Out.bind(target_inst->In[1]);

I get the following error

Error: (E107) bind interface to port failed: interface already bound to port: port 'init_inst.tlm_base_initiator_socket_0' (tlm_initiator_socket)
In file: ../../../../src/sysc/communication/sc_port.cpp:231

In above example, the Out socket has N=0 so it can connect to many number of sockets, then why I get this error

Thanks

SumitJ

This happens because sc_port overloads operator[]. You need to use sc_vector

tlm::tlm_initiator_socket<32,tlm::tlm_base_protocol_types,0,SC_ZERO_OR_MORE_BOUND> Out;

SC_MODULE(Target) {
    sc_core::sc_vector< tlm::tlm_target_socket<32,tlm::tlm_base_protocol_types,1,SC_ZERO_OR_MORE_BOUND> > In;
	SC_CTOR(Target) : In("In", 2) { ... } //< Number of elemements selected via sc_vector constructor
}

initiator_inst->Out.bind(target_inst->In);

Note: Above is pseudo-code (i.e. not in all the right places), and I have not taken time to verify the detail, but the principle of using sc_vector is correct. You may need to consult the literature.

Hi David

I can not use sc_vector here because in real scenario, I have a interconnect implemented with following ports

tlm::tlm_target_socket<32,tlm::tlm_base_protocol_types,0,SC_ZERO_OR_MORE_BOUND> In;

tlm::tlm_initiator_socket<32,tlm::tlm_base_protocol_types,1,SC_ZERO_OR_MORE_BOUND> Out[N];

and in my platform, there are a case when two Out socket of an interconnect instance connected to same In socket of other interconnect.

Thanks

SumitJ

• 3 weeks later...

The problem is that both sockets are binded to same target interface implementation. So:

In[0].get_interface() == In[1].get_interface();

When you bind same interface twice to a single port, SystemC considers this a design error.

Solution depends on your modeling needs. Usually TLM sockets are connected point-to-point and to model interconnect a separate module that forwards transactions from initiator to targets is created.