Archlinux AUR package: systemc-ams

Hello all,

I've created an automated installation package for users of Archlinux. I've uploaded it to the AUR (Archlinux User Repository). This package can be installed automatically using yaourt or any aur capable tool. If installed, it will pull dependencies automatically, like the systemc package created by the user brookskd. Files will be installed to /usr/include and /usr/lib and will be managed by pacman or yaourt which means that you can uninstall them latter or update the package automatically if there is a new version available. 

By the way, I still have to update the license info. As far as I know the whole package is protected by Apache license 2.0, right? So it is ok to redistribute like this?

The SystemC AMS 2.1 proof-of-concept in indeed licensed under Apache License, Version 2.0, January 2004.

Distribution need to comply to the rules as defined in this Apache 2.0 license.

Your package website indeed mentions under license "custom:SystemC-AMS Open Source License". Instead it should state "Apache License Version 2.0, January 2004".

My advice is to also contact the developer/maintainer of the PoC, which is COSEDA Technologies GmbH, to inform them on this initiative and to confirm your packaging initiative is recognized/supported:

http://www.coseda-tech.com/

info@coseda-tech.com

Thank you for your reply,

I've read the license file and there is a clause for redistribution. 

4. Redistribution. You may reproduce and distribute copies of the
      Work or Derivative Works thereof in any medium, with or without
      modifications, and in Source or Object form, provided that You

meet the following conditions:

( a ) You must give any other recipients of the Work or Derivative

Works a copy of this License; 

( b ) You must cause any modified files to carry prominent notices
           stating that You changed the files; 

And yes, there is a notice.

But when I run make install none of the documents files get installed, even though the folder /usr/share/doc/systemc-ams gets created. So I guess I'll have to manually copy them right after make install.

I will also contact COSEDA to inform them of the package. I think it is a good idea. Thank you for your advice.