How can I control counters within a for loop with a control signal in a SC_THREAD?

marco711

Hello,

I'm writing a module in SystemC which basically works as follows: it receives a string of bytes through a port p_in and a control signal through the port h. The module must save the bytes within a matrix matrix just if the h signal is true. Within the SC_THREAD I'm using I implemented this:

void MY_MODULE::my_method(){

if(!rst){
  //put all the output ports to 0
  }

while(1){

//The module waits while the signal h is false
    while(!h) wait();

//The iterations to fill in the matrix begin
    //The iterations must work just if h = true
    for(i=0; i<100; i++){
      for(j=0; j<100; j++){
        matrix.nmmatrix[i*matrix.width+j] = p_in;
        wait();
        while(!h) wait();
      }
    }
  }
}

The problem I have is that the counters i and j start to increment one clock cycle after h passes from false to true. The behavior I'm trying to simulate is that the counters i and j start to increment in the same clock cycle when h passes from false to true and the counters must not increment while h is false. Could you please give a hint of what I am doing wrong?

It looks to me that if you assign h true and the first value to p_in using the same clock as your process, then it should work, i.e. you should be able to sample p_in with i = 0 and j = 0 correctly.

It's hard to say without seeing now you are applying the stimulus to h and p_in.

regards

Alan

Archived