Wrong data width to access 128 bits register

hello,

I have a register model describing register with various size 16bits, 32 bits or 128 bits. In my uvm_reg_block this registers are well defined but when I tried to access the 128 bits register the data width of the transaction is only 32 bits instead of 128.

Futhermore, this issue happened only if the address of my 128 bits register is higher than my 32 bits register.

Would anyone have a rational explanation

hello,

I have a register model describing register with various size 16bits, 32 bits or 128 bits. In my uvm_reg_block this registers are well defined but when I tried to access the 128 bits register the data width of the transaction is only 32 bits instead of 128.

Futhermore, this issue happened only if the address of my 128 bits register is higher than my 32 bits register.

hi,

did you extend `UVM_REG_DATA_WIDTH to 128? otherwise your reg fields can only store upto 64bits by default.

/uwe

Hello,

I did!

I also find the origin of my problem. In fact in my regmodel I made a mistake by declaring :

default_map = create_map("default_map", 'h6F80000, 4, UVM_BIG_ENDIAN, 0);

instead of:

default_map = create_map("default_map", 'h6F80000, 16, UVM_BIG_ENDIAN, 0);

thanks you

• 10 years later...
On 6/21/2011 at 1:56 AM, paul said:

hello,

Hi Paul 

I have the same error as register model requires that UVM_REG_DATA_WIDTH be defined as 256 or greater. Currently defined as 64. How to change from 64 value ? Thanks