Error when interfacing SystemC with a SystemC-AMS TDF Module.

Hi all,

I am trying to interface a systemc module with a AMS TDF module. I am trying to do with converter ports. My AMS module is a LPF. I want to drive its input from a SystemC module. Here is what im doing..

SC_MODULE(LPF)
{
sca_tdf::sc_in<double> tdf_IN;                 // input from SC module, LPF input
sca_tdf::sca_out<double> tdf_OUT;         // LPF  output.
sca_eln::sca_node_ref GND;                   // Ground reference. // LPF is implemented using ELN
sca_eln::sca_tdf_vsource *V_IN;             // ELN input port
sca_eln::sca_tdf_vsink *V_OUT;              // ELN output port

SCA_CTOR(LPF)
    {
    V_IN = new sca_eln::sca_tdf_vsource("V_IN",1.0);                                                                                              
    V_IN->inp(tdf_IN);     // ERROR

//This is the error i am getting for the above line.  error: no match for call to ‘(sca_tdf::sca_in<double>) (sca_tdf::sc_in<double>&)’

V_IN->p(IN);
    V_IN -> n(GND);

}
};

How will i interface these two blocks?
Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I am trying to interface a systemc module with a AMS TDF module. I am trying to do with converter ports. My AMS module is a LPF. I want to drive its input from a SystemC module. Here is what im doing..

SC_MODULE(LPF)

{

sca_tdf::sc_in<double> tdf_IN;                 // input from SC module, LPF input

sca_tdf::sca_out<double> tdf_OUT;         // LPF  output.

sca_eln::sca_node_ref GND;                   // Ground reference. // LPF is implemented using ELN

sca_eln::sca_tdf_vsource *V_IN;             // ELN input port

sca_eln::sca_tdf_vsink *V_OUT;              // ELN output port

SCA_CTOR(LPF)

{

V_IN = new sca_eln::sca_tdf_vsource("V_IN",1.0);                                                                                              

V_IN->inp(tdf_IN);     // ERROR

//This is the error i am getting for the above line.  error: no match for call to ‘(sca_tdf::sca_in<double>) (sca_tdf::sc_in<double>&)’

V_IN->p(IN);

V_IN -> n(GND);

}

};

How will i interface these two blocks?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Sir,

Please check the properties of converter ports as:

sca_tdf::sca_de::sca_in<T>

sca_tdf::sca_de::sca_out<T>

etc.,

Hope this helps.

Hi dakupoto,

Thank you for your suggestion. I used sca_tdf::sca_de::sca_in<T> as  you suggested. I am able to make it without any errors. But i am getting the following error when i run the output.exe

Error: SystemC-AMS: The sca_tdf::sca_de::sca_out port LPF.sca_tdf_sc_in_0 must be instantiated in the context of an sca_tdf::sca_module

Please help me in clearing this. And can you also explain me the <T> in sca_tdf::sca_de::sca_in<T>?

Thanks in advance.

Hi dakupoto,

Thank you for your suggestion. I used sca_tdf::sca_de::sca_in<T> as  you suggested. I am able to make it without any errors. But i am getting the following error when i run the output.exe

Error: SystemC-AMS: The sca_tdf::sca_de::sca_out port LPF.sca_tdf_sc_in_0 must be instantiated in the context of an sca_tdf::sca_module

Please help me in clearing this. And can you also explain me the <T> in sca_tdf::sca_de::sca_in<T>?

Thanks in advance.

First of all, please note that both SystemC and SystemC-AMS are

C/C++ libraries, not standalone languages. So, please have a good

C/C++ reference at hand,

Please also note that both the converter ports:

sca_tdf::sca_de::sca_in<T>

sca_tdf::sca_de::sca_out<T>

Can be used only from inside a TDF module. Please check this

carefully -- note the scope resolution operator "::" in these port

declaration/definitions.

As for your last question, please refer to a good C/C++ reference.

'T' is the common notation for a generic template type.

Hope this helps.

The TDF converter ports sca_tdf::sca_de::sca_in<T> or shorter version sca_tdf::sc_in<T> are normally used in TDF modules (of class sca_tdf::sca_module) where you connect to the SystemC discrete event domain. In your case, you correctly create a regular SystemC module (of class sc_module), in which you instantiate ELN primitive modules.

If you want to connect such model to the SystemC discrete event domain, you should use the regular SC port of type sc_core::sc_in<T>. In order to have the voltage source to access discrete event signals, you need to select the component sca_eln::sca_de::sca_vsource or shorter version sca_eln::sca_de_vsource.

Also note that this is a regular SystemC module, so use the normal constructor or macro (SC_CTOR) and not SCA_CTOR.

Anohter good coding style is only to use capitals for the macro and defines, not in port and modules names, etc.