Lately, I have been dealing with some issues related to the ELN Networks. I am modelling some ELN modules as if they were completely independent, meaning that they can be connected to each other through its terminals no matter what modules it is connected to (considering, of course, the limitations of an ELN network).

My problem is that sometimes I would like to have some kind of ELN Cable so I could connect an ELN Node to an ELN Ground (Node Ref), for example. Sounds crazy, but since I am creating a generic way of connecting these modules, sometimes I cannot directly connect a terminal to a ground.

So, is there a way to avoid that problem since it is not possible to 'bind' a node? Would be useful to have an ELN Cable?

Thanks a lot!

Lately, I have been dealing with some issues related to the ELN Networks. I am modelling some ELN modules as if they were completely independent, meaning that they can be connected to each other through its terminals no matter what modules it is connected to (considering, of course, the limitations of an ELN network).

My problem is that sometimes I would like to have some kind of ELN Cable so I could connect an ELN Node to an ELN Ground (Node Ref), for example. Sounds crazy, but since I am creating a generic way of connecting these modules, sometimes I cannot directly connect a terminal to a ground.

So, is there a way to avoid that problem since it is not possible to 'bind' a node? Would be useful to have an ELN Cable?

Thanks a lot!

Hello Sir,

This can be achieved easily - for example a transmission line may be constructed with

series connection of a large number sca_eln::sca_c and sca_eln::sca_l modules in an

appropriate manner. Or one could connect an sca_eln::sca_c and sca_eln::sca_l to

form a special module and connect a large number of these modules together. Also,

the special ELN node sca_eln::sca_node_ref gnd forms an excellent ground node.

you can connect a resistor or voltage source with the value 0 - it will cost two not necessarry equation - however I would not expect a significant performance impact. You can make a hierarchical module with one terminal may mamed node_gnd out of it to simplify the description.

best regards

Karsten

I tried that before, the problem is that it is not possible to have a resistor with the value 0 (I get an error). And I think it makes sense, because of the equation (there may be a divisio by zero?). Anyway, I will create a module like that with a very low non-zero value.

Thanks again :)