Passing bit width parameters from top module to sequence item classes

kate

There are a number of bit width parameters declared in the my top module. These parameters are passed to the DUT instance and parameterized interface instances. How can I also pass these parameter values to the sequence items, so that the bit widths of the sequence item fields correspond to the  bit widths of the interface fields?

• 11 months later...

Hello Kate,

I recently tried similar activity and found that you cannot assign the parameter from module/interface to package/class.

Also the -g option of the simulator(questasim) only assigns parameters to module/interface and not the package/class.  Hence I followed a workaround to declare static variables in package/class and assign them the parameter value from the module/interface.

In your case you can access the parameter value of the interface through its virtual interface handle in the class/package and then use it. But then, the bit width specification cannot be achieved.

Also I  don't know why class/package parameters cannot be assigned using -g option of the simulator?