using sc_vector to Pass an Array between Modules

wasim6691

Hi 

I have to use the sc_vector command to pass an array let's say  Array[16][16]  between the modules. Kindly can you tell me how to write the input side vector at the MODULE A and output side vector at the MODULE B to pass this array. I am beginner and donot know how to use the sc_vector command. Thanks

sc_vector was designed for use during elaboration. sc_vector semantics are based on std::vector. For that matter, why are you not using std::vector? Are you passing an elaboration call. Furthermore, you would simply pass variables by reference in C++ anyhow. For a 2-dimensional array you would simply use a vector of vectors. Your basic problem sounds like a severe lack of C++ basics.

Hi David,

I have to define 16 ports of sc_vector<sc_out<sc_uint<4>>>    some-vector ;    and pass the array elements in parallel through those 16 ports between the Modules. std::vector I do know but for my case I have to dedicate 16 ports at the MODULE A and 16 ports at the MODULE B to make the access of array elements in parallel. i am defining my vector as described in bold but need help how to pass array. Thanks

If you insist to instantiate 16 separate ports to transfer each array element separately from each other, you will also have to write/read the elements in your code one after another using, e.g., a loop over the array. From a simulation point of view, all writes will happen at the same time.

Hi Maehne

I want to pass 16 vectors over these 16 ports.  Let's say  each vector A1[9], A2[9]............ A16[9] on each of these 16 ports. thanks. For one array value,  i can use x.write() or x.read commands. but I want to pass vectors on each of the ports. I can use pointers but If there is any other way to pass vectors through ports that would be so nice of you to guide me. thanks

Then, you have to express the vectors as an appropriate data type, which fulfils the conditions for the template parameter T of the port/bound signal (cf. to clause 6.4.3 of IEEE Std 1666-2011), i.e., the data type needs to implement the equality operator==, stream operator<<, and assignment operator= as well as a default constructor. E.g., you could try to use a suitable data type from the Eigen library.