Comments on style

Comments from a colleague on the style of the document contents

• The naming styles of the examples are divergent
    • clk vs. ck
    • Figure9 ff.: out1 vs. gout2
    • Figure10: the last FF output has no name
  • At several places, the active form (e.g., “we have included pseudo code”) has been used instead of the more formal passive form (“pseudo code has been included”) which is common for standards

• 2 months later...
On 11/2/2023 at 5:31 AM, John Jebakumar said:

Comments from a colleague on the style of the document contents

• The naming styles of the examples are divergent
    • clk vs. ck
    • Figure9 ff.: out1 vs. gout2
    • Figure10: the last FF output has no name
  • At several places, the active form (e.g., “we have included pseudo code”) has been used instead of the more formal passive form (“pseudo code has been included”) which is common for standards

Bullet 1 sub-bullets have been fixed and will appear in the final 0.1 version.
The only thing the IEEE style guide says about passive voice is that the abstract must be written in passive. (It says nothing about active voice.) I checked the PSS LRM, and I see a mixture of active and passive, which is what we have.

I also checked the IP-XACT LRM and IEEE 1801-2018 (low power) and found a mixture of passive and active.

As the CDC Tech Editor, I recommend we do not change all active voice to passive voice; however, that is a decision for the leads.

On 11/3/2023 at 10:52 AM, John Jebakumar said:

CDC_Standard_Version_0.1_Feedback_Janson.zip Inputs from another colleague annotated in the PDF directly as comments and notes.

Thank you for the review and feedback. It is very helpful. I've attached an updated version of the marked-up PDF with responses. Where I was able to make the correction, I did so, and where we need additional input from the CDC Working Group subject matter experts, I've noted that as well.

Note: I removed several pages that had no comments to adhere to the file size requirements on the forum.

CDC_Standard_Version_0.1_Feedback_Janson_jeanne_abbreviated.pdf