plafratt

sc_fifo::read() - g++ gives warning that tmp is unset

For sc_fifo::read(), some versions of g++ give me a warning that the variable tmp is unset. I see there is a path through read() that leaves tmp unset, but I don't think it is possible that this path ever gets executed. Is there a way around this warning that doesn't require disabling the warning in g++ or changing sc_fifo.h?

I was not able to reproduce. What g++ version do you use? Can you provide any example that reproduces the problem?

I see there is a path through read() that leaves tmp unset, but I don't think it is possible that this path ever gets executed. 

I don't see that path, which line of code?

@plafratt: It would be very helpful if you could provide more detailed information to reproduce your observation as suggested by @Roman Popov. With what version of g++ running on which platform have you observed the warning. A small self-contained code example demonstrating the issue would help us to reproduce the issue on our side so that we can forward the issue with enough information to the SystemC Language Working Group for fixing.