Getting Started MSVS13 and SystemC-2.3.3

SiGa

Hello Forum,

I want to get started with a systemC Model Project in Microsoft Visual Studio 2013.

So far I have found this stackoverflow question, that gives a step by step guide for how to get started.

The answer is related to SystemC-2.3.1a and I thought it might be similar with SystemC-2.3.3.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41990606/installing-systemc-for-vs2013

I followed the instructions but I got stuck on compiling the Hello World project.

I get a lot of Linker errors like (xxx stands for user name)

• Error    40    error LNK2005: "bool __cdecl std::uncaught_exception(void)" (?uncaught_exception@std@@YA_NXZ) already defined in libcpmtd.lib(uncaught.obj)    C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\SystemC_FirstTest\SystemC_FirstTest\msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP120D.dll)    SystemC_FirstTest
  • Error    133    error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found    C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\SystemC_FirstTest\Debug\SystemC_FirstTest.exe    SystemC_FirstTest
  • Error    13    error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' doesn't match value 'MTd_StaticDebug' in stdafx.obj    C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\SystemC_FirstTest\SystemC_FirstTest\SystemC.lib(sc_prim_channel.obj)    SystemC_FirstTest
  • Warning    132    warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRTD' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library    C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\SystemC_FirstTest\SystemC_FirstTest\LINK    SystemC_FirstTest

It might be the case that I misused the libraries in my solution and that some short changes will make it run.

If I can fix the errors myself I will answer my own question in this thread.

If someone could point me in the right direction, or show me a getting started guide that works, I would be thankful for it.

After trying out different things by googling the error messages I realized that I build the libs for systemC with the wrong properties.

In "systemc-2.3.3/msvc10/SystemC/SystemC.sln" I changed in VisualStudio  DEBUG ->Configuration Properties -> Platform: Active(Win32) to Win32

and in my "SystemC_FirstTest.sln Configuration Properties -> C/C++ -> Code Generation -> Runtime Library" to Multi-threaded Debug DLL (/MDd).

Now it seems to work.