Number of solvers limited in 'systemc-ams-2.0_beta1'?

Hallo,

I build up a scalable simulation model with the 'systemc-ams-2.0_beta1'. I have 1 data flow cluster with 949 dataflow modules/solver which can be simulated. When I increase the model size, the simulation breaks after the instantiation of the modules with no SystemC error message (windows stops the application and offers the possibility to debug or to close the application).

My question, is there a limitation on the number of useable solvers?

Best regards

Thomas

There is no hard limitation. The limitation comes from the available memory. The cluster algorithm is currently recursively implemented - this seems to limit the modules per cluster in the worst case to around 12.000 in dependency of the computer. In this case, splitting the cluster should help.

May you can try the current version. If you still see the limitation, I'm intersted in the example and/or the number of modules.

Best regards

Karsten

There is no hard limitation. The limitation comes from the available memory. The cluster algorithm is currently recursively implemented - this seems to limit the modules per cluster in the worst case to around 12.000 in dependency of the computer. In this case, splitting the cluster should help.

May you can try the current version. If you still see the limitation, I'm intersted in the example and/or the number of modules.

Best regards

Karsten

Hi Karsten,

in the working application are 949 dataflows, 761 modules, 191 inputs and 381 outputs. The application uses about 25 MByte RAM, installed are 16 GByte. The application is compiled as Win32 application. As I know, it should be the curent version of SystemC-AMS:  Version: 2.0_beta1 BuildRevision: 1739

Best regards

Thomas

Some remarks/questions:

• Please try the latest 2.1 version, which can be found here: http://www.coseda-tech.com/systemc-ams-proof-of-concept
  • Can you supply some additional information on the compiler you use on windows: is this gcc in mingw/cygwin or using the msvc compiler. Please supply version
  • Did you try starting the execution using gdb?
  • Is your design using TDF modules only or also LSF and/or ELN?

Hello Martin,

• thank you for the link to the latest version. I've installed the new version but the problem remains.
  • I'm using Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2015 Version 14.0.25425.01 Update 3, the used compiler is Visual C++ 2015 00322-20000-00000-AA002.
  • The debugger stops in the file 'xutility' at the function call:
void _Adopt(const _Container_base12 *_Parent)
	{	// adopt this iterator by parent
	if (_Parent == 0)
  • The design uses both types of modules, ELN and TDF.

Best regards,
Thomas