Wesley Kirk

Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2015

Hi, I'm just getting started with SystemC and I'm having trouble getting the examples to work. I have started with simple_bus because it was one of the failing tests under Cygwin64. So I wanted to try Visual C++ because it is supposed to be one of the supported platforms. I downloaded and installed the latest, which is 

Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2015. I loaded the systemc Solution provided by the SystemC download and it built successfully. I see a systemc.lib in this folder:

msvc80\SystemC\Debug

Then I loaded the examples Solution, selected the simple_bus project, and then started the build. I get the following errors. Anyone have any ideas?

1>------ Build started: Project: simple_bus, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>  simple_bus_types.cpp
1>  simple_bus_tools.cpp
1>  simple_bus_master_non_blocking.cpp
1>c:\users\wes\documents\work\systemc\systemc-2.3.1 - copy\src\systemc.h(118): error C2039: 'gets': is not a member of 'std'
1>  c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio 14.0\vc\include\vector(17): note: see declaration of 'std'
1>c:\users\wes\documents\work\systemc\systemc-2.3.1 - copy\src\systemc.h(118): error C2873: 'gets': symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
1>  Unknown compiler version - please run the configure tests and report the results
1>  simple_bus_master_direct.cpp
1>c:\users\wes\documents\work\systemc\systemc-2.3.1 - copy\src\systemc.h(118): error C2039: 'gets': is not a member of 'std'
1>  c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio 14.0\vc\include\vector(17): note: see declaration of 'std'
1>c:\users\wes\documents\work\systemc\systemc-2.3.1 - copy\src\systemc.h(118): error C2873: 'gets': symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
1>  Unknown compiler version - please run the configure tests and report the results
1>  simple_bus_master_blocking.cpp
1>  simple_bus_main.cpp
1>  simple_bus_arbiter.cpp
1>  simple_bus.cpp
1>  Generating Code...
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I was able to get simple_bus example to build and run properly (output matches golden.log) by commenting out line 118 of systemc.h. Here is the snippet:

using std::getc;
    using std::getchar;
//    using std::gets;    // wkk
    using std::putc;
    using std::putchar;

Now I just get a few warnings about my compiler being "unknown".

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: simple_bus, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>  simple_bus_types.cpp
1>  simple_bus_tools.cpp
1>  simple_bus_master_non_blocking.cpp
1>  simple_bus_master_direct.cpp
1>  simple_bus_master_blocking.cpp
1>  simple_bus_main.cpp
1>  simple_bus_arbiter.cpp
1>  simple_bus.cpp
1>  Generating Code...
1>simple_bus.obj : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/EDITANDCONTINUE' due to '/SAFESEH' specification
1>  simple_bus.vcxproj -> C:\Users\Wes\Documents\work\systemc\systemc-2.3.1 - Copy\examples\sysc\simple_bus\\Debug\simple_bus.exe
========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========