Problem in install SystemC 2.3.0 on Ubuntu 14.04

vhkkia

hello,

I want install SystemC 2.3.0 in my Ubuntu 14.04 (64 bit),and enter these below commands:

mkdir objdir -> cd objdir -> export CXX=g++ -> ../configure -> make

when i enter "make" command this error is occured:

/bin/bash: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file

make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I will be glad if anyone can help me

First of all, you should use SystemC 2.3.1, released a couple of months ago. Secondly, according to the information you provide, your setup should work right out of the box.

Can you post the full output of your configure and make calls? Additionally, please post the output of your environment variables, e.g. from the command env.

From the error message, it seems you may be having a stray semicolon in e.g. your CXXFLAGS variable, leading to the breakage of the compiler call (then suddenly beginning with "-c"). But it's hard to tell without more information…

hth,
  Philipp

Looking at the output of your 2.3.1 build, something is seriously wrong here:

vahdaneh@vahdaneh-SVT14126CXS:~/Desktop/systemc-2.3.1/objdir$ make
/bin/bash: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `do'
/bin/bash: -c: line 0: `fail= failcom='exit 1'; forf in x $MAKEEFLAGS; do case f in *=* --
[!kk]*);; *k*) failcomm='fail=yes';; esac; don;\ o_seenn=no; taget=`eccho aall-recursive | sed s/-
recursive/; list='docs src examples''; for subdir in $$llist; do echo "aking $$target in $subdir"; f test
"$subddir" = "."; then \
dot_seen=yes; local_tagett="$targett-am"; else \
loccal_targget="$target"; i; (CDPAATH=${ZSSH_VERSIO+}:" && cd $suubdir && make
$local_target) ||eval $faillcom '
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

There are a many (randomly) duplicated characters in the command, and sometimes letters are missing.  It seems that your configure call failed to generate working Makefiles.  This is quite strange, and I have not seen this effect before.  Maybe it is indeed related to broken line endings.

/Philipp

To find out if line endings are an issue, you can use the "file" command. Pick one of the untarred file, e.g. Makefile, and do

file Makefile

It will tell you if you have DOS line endings.

Another possibility is some weird Unicode problem - try doing export LANG=C before you do the install.

regards

Alan