alternateGroup(s) Schema

berndca

I'm working on an open source project to help with the creation of ipxact xml. When I created test data with multiple instances of alternateGroup as suggested in section 6.10.4 Alternate registers of the spec a learned that this does not validate. Digging deeper I found although the maxOccurs property of alternateGroup is set to "unbounded" the identity constraint on this element prevents multiple occurences.

<element name="alternateRegisters" minOccurs="0">
    <annotation>
        <documentation>Alternate definitions for the current register</documentation>
    </annotation>
    <key name="alternateRegister">
        <selector xpath="spirit:alternateRegister/spirit:alternateGroups"/>
        <field xpath="spirit:alternateGroup"/>
    </key>
</element>

Could you please help me with a clarification. Is there a need for multiple alternateGroup elements per alternateRegister? If yes, how do I get around the identity constraint issue?

Thanks, Bernd

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bernd,

This is a known issue with the 1685-2009 schema. While the working group was active on development of the upcoming new version of the standard, we agreed to update the 1685-2009 version since the problem was just within the constraints as you indicated. It looks like that update did not occur within the publicly hosted files. I am investigating what is required to make that happen.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

thanks for the response. It would be very helpful to get access to the updated schema files.

I'm wondering if it might be possible to take a look at the draft for the upcoming new version of the standard. Are you planning to share some details before it's release? What's changing? Are the recently released vendor extensions (1685-2009-VE-1.0) part of the standard?

Thanks, Bernd