Embed TDF modules inside other TDF modules ?

Could some SystemC-AMS guru please clarify this ? Is

it possible to embed a TDF module inside another IDF

module ? I am trying to so it, and getting compile time

error messages as:

/home/lama/systemc-ams-1.0Beta2/include/scams/predefined_moc/tdf/sca_tdf_sc_in.h: In constructor ‘srff::srff(sc_core::sc_module_name)’:

/home/lama/systemc-ams-1.0Beta2/include/scams/predefined_moc/tdf/sca_tdf_sc_in.h:552:13: error: ‘void sca_tdf::sca_de::sca_in<T>::operator()(sca_tdf::sca_de::sca_in<T>&) [with T = bool]’ is private

srff.h:93:21: error: within this context

/home/lama/systemc-ams-1.0Beta2/include/scams/predefined_moc/tdf/sca_tdf_sc_in.h:552:13: error: ‘void sca_tdf::sca_de::sca_in<T>::operator()(sca_tdf::sca_de::sca_in<T>&) [with T = bool]’ is private

srff.h:98:21: error: within this context

Any hints, suggestions would be of immense help.

Though I don't know your code and also don't know the sense of putting a TDF module inside another TDF module, let me tell you that this is not allowed. A TDF module is a primitive module, i.e., instances of sc_core::sc_module or classes derived from sc_core::sc_module (so sca_tdf::sca_module as well) shall not be put inside a TDF module. You should ONLY use modules directly derived from sc_core::sc_module for hierarchical composition. The SystemC AMS LRM further states that inter-module communication for TDF modules shall be accomplished through its ports only.

You might want to read clauses 4.1.1.1.3. and 4.1.2. of the SystemC AMS LRM for a deeper understanding.

I hope this clarifies a little.

Best regards,

Thomas