Compile error during uvm-systemc library beta 3 install

Hi. 

I am using CentOS7, gcc-5.2.0. 

When I am trying to make -j8, I got many errors related to "enable_if". A example is shown below. 

../../../src/uvmsc/macros/uvm_object_defines.h:69:19: error: ‘enable_if’ in namespace ‘std’ does not name a template type
     typename std::enable_if<IsSequenceItem<__PSI_TYPE>::result,bool>::type uvm_report_enabled(

Do you have any idea how to solve this. 

Thanks. 

GCC 5.2.0 is an old compiler that still defaults to C++'98 even though it contains experimental support for C++'11. "std::enable_if" was introduced in C++'11. Therefore, it may work if you recompile all your SystemC-related libraries and applications with explicitly turned on support for C++'11 by adding "-std=gnu++11" as command line argument to the compiler calls. Most reliable is probably by setting the CXX environment variable.

Hi maehne,

Thank you for the reply. In order to turn on the C++11 support what I did is; 

After config, I have modified the make file as follows for both systemc and uvm-systemc installation;

- CXXFLAGS = -std=c++11

- CPPFLAGS = -std=c++11

However, the result is I got the same error about std::enable_if. 

Do I something wrong? I do not know how I turn on the c++11 support duing installation of systemc and uvm-systemc. 

Directly editing the Makefiles generated by the GNU autotools is not recommended. You have to set it prior before doing "configure" to ensure the sources are correctly set up.  As C++'11 support is marked as experimental for g++ 5.2.0, it is well possible that its C++ standard library implementation is not complete. I recommend you to try with a more recent C++ compiler, which defaults to C++'11 or later. The accompanying README and INSTALL documents of the libraries list on which platforms the libraries were tested including compiler versions.