cci_param of cci_value_list/map

Hi,

In my model I would like to have a module for which the number of parameters is variable i.e. I would like to have a vector of cci_parameters, or a cci_parameter which contains a vector of cci_values.

I read the following in the specification in section "5.5.2 cci_value":

The cci_value class shall provide a variant type for exchanging configuration parameter values. The following types are supported:

User-specific data types, supported by implementing the helper template class cci_value_converter<T>(which is also the mechanism by which the C++ and SystemC data types are supported)

C++ arrays and std::vector<> of any supported data type, converting to a cci_value_list.

Lists (vectors) of cci_value, represented as cci_value_list.

String-keyed maps of cci_value, represented as cci_value_map.

This seemed to imply to me that it is possible to have a cci_param which contains a cci_value_list or cci_value_map with entries that are cci_values and hence have individual handles. This is exacly what I'm looking for. However, I have no clue how to use it. :-)

For example doing the following (in analogy to the usage of custom types in Annex D) results in a compiler error:

cci::cci_value_map testmap;
 cci::cci_param<cci::cci_value_map> myparam("paramname", testmap);

How could I get this to work? Or should I resort to writing my own custom type?

Thanks!

Wim

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. With the above 2 lines of code I get following compiler errors:

cci-1.0.0/src/cci_cfg/cci_param_typed.h:760:40: error: no matching function for call to cci::cci_value::get() const

cci-1.0.0/src/cci_core/cci_value.h:200:27: error: no type named type in struct cci::cci_value_converter<cci::cci_value_map>

cci-1.0.0/src/cci_cfg/cci_param_typed.h:809:5: error: no matching function for call to cci::cci_value::try_get(cci::cci_value_map&)

cci-1.0.0/src/cci_core/cci_value.h:192:8: error: no type named type in struct cci::cci_value_converter<cci::cci_value_map>

cci-1.0.0/src/cci_cfg/cci_param_typed.h:769:48: error: no matching function for call to ‘cci::cci_value::get() const

cci-1.0.0/src/cci_core/cci_value.h:200:27: error: no type named type in struct cci::cci_value_converter<cci::cci_value_map>

Cheers,

Wim

Hi Wim,

On 11/25/2019 at 5:41 PM, wvandamm said:

This seemed to imply to me that it is possible to have a cci_param which contains a cci_value_list or cci_value_map with entries that are cci_values and hence have individual handles

Currently, cci_param<T> indeed does not support any of cci_value, cci_value_list, cci_value_map as value type T. The main reason is, that it would otherwise cause ambiguities in the API of cci_value(_list,_map) itself, if the generic conversion functions (which are used by cci_param internally) would support this.  However, it might be possible to extend cci_param<T> to support this scenario explicitly.

Greetings from Duisburg,
  Philipp