MATCHLIB (Connections::Combinational)

I need to tap into a connection port implemented using MATCHLIB (Connections::Combinational) so that I just print the transactions that the port captures. Of course, I can not bind to this port. The port is in a instance in the design files below the top hierarchy. I only need to print the transaction captured by this port from the top-level test bench. How do I do this? 

Pls help!  

I recommend searching for and looking at the section titled "Introduction to Channel Logs" in this pdf:

https://github.com/Stuart-Swan/Matchlib-Examples-Kit-For-Accellera-Synthesis-WG/blob/master/matchlib_examples/doc/matchlib_training.pdf

This will generate a text file of all the transactions in your system. You can use the scripts described to generate a log for just the port/channel of interest.

If that isn't quite what you want, you can look at the C++ implementation of the log_hierarchy() method and write your own version that does what you want.

The existing logging infrastructure relies on a "callback" mechanism, so you can just implement your own callbacks and plug it into the existing infrastructure.

-Stuart Swan

I added this code under sc_main:

if (plusargs::test("LOG_CHANNELS")) {
    // Create log with record of Connections channels traffic
    channel_logs logs;
    INFO("Channel logs: channel_logs*.log");
    logs.enable("channel_logs", true);
    logs.log_hierarchy(*tb_inst);
  }

It generated two files: 

1) channel_logs_names.txt which has this info:

1 tb.ems_inst.cdaxi_inst.cd_ras_cmd_comb_out_dat
2 tb.ems_inst.cdaxi_inst.cd_ras_rrsp_comb_out_dat
3 tb.ems_inst.cdaxi_inst.cd_ras_wrsp_comb_out_dat
4 tb.ems_inst.cdaxi_inst.cd_ras_pcmd_comb_out_dat
5 tb.ems_inst.cdaxi_inst.cd_ras_prsp_comb_out_dat

2) channel_logs_data.txt    which is empty. Why there is no data in this file though I see many transactions issued and the test passed? 

Pls help! 

It is possible that you are not seeing the transaction data in the *data.txt file because you are using an older version of connections.h along with some newer compile options.

I recommend upgrading to the latest release here:

https://github.com/Stuart-Swan/Matchlib-Examples-Kit-For-Accellera-Synthesis-WG/tree/master

Do a clean install, then place your testcase into the kit and try it out and see if that solves the issue.

Thanks

Stuart Swan