how to avoid repetitive sensitivity after signal update

I hope I have made the topic title understandable, jeje

There is the question:

I have a sc_method method1 with static sensitivity to 2 signals, sig_1 and sig_2. and sc_method method2 is sensitive to sig_1.

When the sig_1 in simulator is changed, method1 is triggered by sig_1, and after a delta cycle, agian by sig_2. Is there a way to let the sensitivity of method1 to sig_1 wait for a delta cycle, i.e. ignore the sensitiviy of sig_1, if after a delta cycle there is the sensitiviy of sig_2

thanks

sc_method(method1)
    sensitivity << sig_1 <<sig_2;

sc_method(method2)
    sensitivity << sig_1;

/* simulator */
sig_1.write(variable);

In the sense of hardware, an sc_method could be a pure combinatorical block, e.g. something you would implement in a concurrent signal assignment in VHDL. For simulation, the difference is in the simulation performance. An sc_method is always 'run-to-completion' an has no persistent local variables. Hence, it can run in the context of another process. An sc_thread has to have its own process context. As a result, you get less context switches and faster simulation with sc_method. To achieve 'run-to-completion' you are not allowed to wait inside an sc_method. 

If you want to wait inside the process you have to use SC_THREAD or SC_CTHREAD.

• 4 weeks later...