help needed how to do a backdoor access to individual fields in the register in UVM

Depending on you <spirit:vendorExtensions> (I don't know what your generator does.) -- but you should be able to set a unique path per field as a vendor extension. The issue that I see with this is that typically you make an HDL hierarchy , and you seem to have a hard path. It really doesn't matter -- it just makes moving the fields around generically (and abstract) less usable.

for instance you could do this:

<spirit:field>
spirit:vendorExtensions>
	<vendorExtensions:name>ctrl_reg</vendorExtensions:name>
	<vendorExtensions:type>ctrl_reg_t</vendorExtensions:type>

<!-- You can add a hard coded a path per field -->

<vendorExtensions:hdl_patht>top_dut.base_regs.ctrl_reg</vendorExtensions:hdl_path>

Thank you amitshere for replying but in my case each register fields points to different dut paths.so i wanted to know how to assign different Hdl paths for each register fields.

UVM supports specifying a concatenation of HDL paths for a register backdoor access. But it is a generator-specific feature how to specify the HDL paths for the fields. You need to contact your generator vendor to answer that question.

• 2 years later...