Questasim with Cygwin

I tried, for some now, to run a successful simulation in Cygwin using Makefiles. I got to a point where the compilation is without errors, only some warnings like:

uvm_sequence.svh(89): (qverilog-2283) Extra semicolon in $unit (global) scope (UVM1.0)

My problem comes after that. After the vsim command is issued, no printing appears on the screen and I can't write anything in the window anymore. The Questasim does its job, I can the log files but to run it again I have to close the Cygwin and reopen it. If someone could help it, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Cygwin releases very frequently - the cygwin.dll has gone from 1.7.9 to 1.7.15 in the past two months. For this reason, Questa is not officially supported on this platform.

BTW, this just happened to me a week ago on my own laptop and I just uninstalled/re-installed Questa and the problem went away.

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

Please help me in running uvm1.0pl with questasim1.0b in cygwin. My settings are as following :

1) $UVM_HOME set to /cygdrive/c/cygwin/home/chandan/uvm-1.0p1

2) $MTI_HOME set to /cygdrive/c/questasim_6.4c/win32/

Using make -f Makefile.questa all for hello_world program which has:

GCCCMD = $(GCC) \

-m$(BITS) \

-fPIC \

-DQUESTA \

-g \

-W \

-shared \

-I$(MTI_HOME)/include \

$(DPI_SRC) \

-o $(LIBDIR)/$(LIBNAME).so

---------------------------------------------------------

Messages are :

mkdir -p ../../../lib

g++ -m32 -fPIC -DQUESTA -g -W -shared -I/cygdrive/c/questasim_10.0b/include ../../../src/dpi/uvm_dpi.cc -o ../../../lib/uvm_dpi.so

../../../src/dpi/uvm_dpi.cc:1: warning: -fPIC ignored for target (all code is position independent)

/tmp/ccHgShgW.o: In function `uvm_hdl_max_width':

/home/chandan/uvm-1.0p1/examples/simple/hello_world/../../../src/dpi/uvm_hdl.c:51: undefined reference to `_vpi_handle_by_name'

/home/chandan/uvm-1.0p1/examples/simple/hello_world/../../../src/dpi/uvm_hdl.c:56: undefined reference to `_vpi_get_value'

/tmp/ccHgShgW.o: In function `uvm_hdl_set_vlog_partsel':

/home/chandan/uvm-1.0p1/examples/simple/hello_world/../../../src/dpi/uvm_hdl.c:110: undefined reference to `_svGetPartselLogic'

/tmp/ccHgShgW.o: In function `uvm_hdl_get_vlog_partsel':

/home/chandan/uvm-1.0p1/examples/simple/hello_world/../../../src/dpi/uvm_hdl.c:168: undefined reference to `_svGetBitselLogic'

/home/chandan/uvm-1.0p1/examples/simple/hello_world/../../../src/dpi/uvm_hdl.c:169: undefined reference to `_svPutPartselLogic'

/tmp/ccHgShgW.o: In function `uvm_hdl_set_vlog':

/home/chandan/uvm-1.0p1/examples/simple/hello_world/../../../src/dpi/uvm_hdl.c:203: undefined reference to `_vpi_handle_by_name'

/home/chandan/uvm-1.0p1/examples/simple/hello_world/../../../src/dpi/uvm_hdl.c:206: undefined reference to `_vpi_handle_by_name'

/home/chandan/uvm-1.0p1/examples/simple/hello_world/../../../src/dpi/uvm_hdl.c:210: undefined reference to `_vpi_printf'

Thanks and Regards,

Chandan

Thanks Dave. I have now:

1) $MTI_HOME as /cygdrive/c/questasim_10.0b

2)$UVM_HOME as /cygdrive/c/questasim_10.0b/verilog_src/uvm-1.0p1

But I am still getting error as :

$ vlog hello_world.sv

QuestaSim vlog 10.0b Compiler 2011.05 May 5 2011

-- Compiling module hello_world

-- Importing package mtiUvm.uvm_pkg (uvm-1.0p1 Built-in)

** Error: packet.sv(29): (vlog-2163) Macro `uvm_object_utils_begin is undefined.

** Error: packet.sv(29): near "(": syntax error, unexpected '(', expecting function or task

** Error: packet.sv(30): (vlog-2163) Macro `uvm_field_int is undefined.

** Error: packet.sv(31): (vlog-2163) Macro `uvm_object_utils_end is undefined.

• 1 month later...

Hi Dave,

Coming back to this post again. How to compile the DPI library in questa 10.0b. If I use makefile provided in uvm1.0p1.

Messages are :

------------------------------------------

make -f Makefile.questa BITS=32 dpi_lib

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/chandan/uvm-1.0p1/examples/simple/hello_world'

mkdir -p /cygdrive/c/questasim_10.0b/uvm-1.0p1/lib

g++ -m32 -fPIC -DQUESTA -g -W -shared -I/cygdrive/c/questasim_10.0b/win32/include /cygdrive/c/questasim_10.0b/uv m-1.0p1/src/dpi/uvm_dpi.cc -o /cygdrive/c/questasim_10.0b/uvm-1.0p1/lib/uvm_dpi.so

/cygdrive/c/questasim_10.0b/uvm-1.0p1/src/dpi/uvm_dpi.cc:1: warning: -fPIC ignored for target (all code is position inde pendent)

/tmp/cc9FrhXe.o: In function `uvm_hdl_max_width':

/cygdrive/c/questasim_10.0b/uvm-1.0p1/src/dpi/uvm_hdl.c:51: undefined reference to `_vpi_handle_by_name'

/cygdrive/c/questasim_10.0b/uvm-1.0p1/src/dpi/uvm_hdl.c:56: undefined reference to `_vpi_get_value'

/tmp/cc9FrhXe.o: In function `uvm_hdl_set_vlog_partsel':

------------------------------------------etc

The earlier solution is working as you suggested.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandan

Edited by chandan

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Dave,

I am getting the following errors :

/cygdrive/c/questasim_10.0b/gcc-4.2.1-mingw32vc9/bin/g++.exe  -g  -DQUESTA  -W  -shared  -Bsymbolic  -x c  -I/cygdrive/c/questasim_10.0b/include  ../../../src/dpi/uvm_dpi.cc  -o ../../../lib/uvm_dpi.dll  /cygdrive/c/questasim_10.0b/win32/mtipli.dll -lregex
In file included from ../../../src/dpi/uvm_dpi.cc:34:
../../../src/dpi/uvm_regex.cc:26:22: error: vpi_user.h: No such file or directory

Please help

Regards,
Chandan