Communication between multiple modules

Jenkki_Menthol

My design includes communication between 5 different modules. Let's say the modules are 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

The communication takes place between modules 4 and 5 first, they exchange four messages between them but once that is done communication should take place between 4 and 1, then 5 and 1. Once that is done, then 4 and 2, then 5 and 2. And similarly 4 and 3, then 5 and 3. When I started writing the design between 4 and 5 using cthreads and wait(), that worked fine. But once that is done, I can't seem to start the communication between modules 4 and 1. I guess I still didn't wholly understand the concept of processes and wait(), but could someone suggest how to go about this?

module4.h                                                                                            module5.h

//input and output ports are defined                                              //input and output ports are defined

//sc_cthread(func4, clk.pos())                                                        //sc_cthread(func5, clk.pos())

module4.cpp                                                                                     module5.cpp

//void module4::func4                                                                     //void module5::func5

//while(true)                                                                                     //while(true)

//send message1; wait();                                                             //receive message1; send message2; wait();

//receive message2; send message3; wait();                           //receive message3; send message4; wait();

//receive message4; wait();

It was working fine when I just had only these two modules at first. I wrote a value to the signal which connects module4 and module5 from the main function and these two started communicating just the way I wanted.

Then, module1.h was defined.

//input and output ports are defined

//sc_cthread(func1, clk.pos())                                             module4.cpp

module1.cpp                                                                          //send message5; wait();

//receive message5(); wait();

But when I defined module1 just the way I defined modules4 and 5, the communication stopped after sending message1 in module4. Module5 didn't seem to receive message1. Can someone point out how to go about this? I know I probably am not using wait() statements the way they are meant to be used, so any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!