C++ class object bringing into systemC Hierarchy

Aarthi

Hello,

I need a help,  Its a huge implementation like having A, B, C systemC Modules and instantiated in the Top and sc_main have the Top hierarchy sc_module_name. In the systemC Module A, i have lot of pure C++ classes and instantiated so many times like some algorithm to do some computation. While debugging difficult to get the hierarchy which one is printing or tracing. 

I am looking for a solution, without changing the pure C++ classes to derive from sc_module, how do i make it a hierarchy to Top. Changing every where to have a constructor with sc_module_name will be little difficult as the code is huge. Is there any suggestion?

Regards

Aarthi

Hi Aarthi,

if you just need to get the currently active module when hitting a breakpoint in you C++ code you might use the following command (assuming you use gdb):

x sc_core::sc_get_current_process_b()->get_parent()->name()

(see also here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18078226/how-to-get-sc-module-name-of-the-current-running-module#18123785)

What it does is it calles the SystemC kernel function sc_get_current_process_b() which returns a pointer to sc_process_b (the base class of of sc_method_process and sc_thread_process). Inheriting from sc_obejt it also has a name() method so you could also do

x sc_core::sc_get_current_process_b()->name()

which just returns the full hierarchical name of the process.

HTH

-Eyck

Hi all,

16 hours ago, Eyck said:

x sc_core::sc_get_current_process_b()->get_parent()->name()

Both sc_get_current_process_b() and get_parent() are non-standard functions that may or may not be supported by (future) versions of your SystemC implementation.
I recommend to only use standard IEEE 1666-2011 APIs instead:

x sc_core::sc_get_current_process_handle().get_parent_object()->name()
x sc_core::sc_get_current_process_handle().name()

Greetings from Duisburg,
  Philipp