CRAVE status/progress/contributions/...?

Hi all,

The last few days I've been playing with the CRAVE version bundled in the SystemC-UVM preview (from http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/agra/systemc-verification/download.php?file=/agra/systemc-verification/media/archives/uvm-crave-0.9-alpha.tar.gz). The bundled code is almost 1.5 years old at this point, so I was wondering whether anything newer is available. My email to the official CRAVE address (info@systemc-verification.org) hasn't received a response for the past 6 days, hence I'm trying my luck here. 

Does anyone have knowledge of newer CRAVE code available somewhere? Is there documentation available somewhere (I've been checking out the examples and reading through the source code itself)?

The version of CRAVE I've been testing with seems to have some critical shortcomings which seem showstoppers to using it in a large project:

• SystemC types larger than 64 bits are not supported (MSBs will always be 0).
  • Randomizing crave::rand_vec doesn't seem to work properly:
    • The generated elements aren't uniformly distributed at all.
    • Generated elements often seem to repeat.

Does anyone know whether these are (being) fixed?

Finally, I noticed quite some code that struck me as strange/wrong/undefined behavior, so I was wondering if there's a bug tracker/repository into which one can create pull requests.

In case this comes across as bashing CRAVE, that's certainly not the intent. I love that an open alternative to SystemVerilog is being worked on.

Cheers,
Anthony

Hi Anthony,

22 hours ago, AnthonyVH said:

The last few days I've been playing with the CRAVE version bundled in the SystemC-UVM preview (from http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/agra/systemc-verification/download.php?file=/agra/systemc-verification/media/archives/uvm-crave-0.9-alpha.tar.gz). The bundled code is almost 1.5 years old at this point, so I was wondering whether anything newer is available. My email to the official CRAVE address (info@systemc-verification.org) hasn't received a response for the past 6 days, hence I'm trying my luck here.

Sorry for not being able to respond early enough, we needed to finish some very time-consuming organizational tasks in the last few days.

Does anyone have knowledge of newer CRAVE code available somewhere? Is there documentation available somewhere (I've been checking out the examples and reading through the source code itself)?

The stable development branch of CRAVE is now available at https://github.com/agra-uni-bremen/crave ! Preliminary doxygen documentation is already available and we are in the process of adding a proper one.

The version of CRAVE I've been testing with seems to have some critical shortcomings which seem showstoppers to using it in a large project:

• SystemC types larger than 64 bits are not supported (MSBs will always be 0).
  • Randomizing crave::rand_vec doesn't seem to work properly:
    • The generated elements aren't uniformly distributed at all.
    • Generated elements often seem to repeat. 

Does anyone know whether these are (being) fixed?

These limitations are known but currently not being worked on, as we are not using these. We cannot promise anything but if you could create respective issues at github together with code examples, we will see and try to get them working.

Finally, I noticed quite some code that struck me as strange/wrong/undefined behavior, so I was wondering if there's a bug tracker/repository into which one can create pull requests.

We now more than welcome pull requests at github!

Thanks,
Daniel