SumitK

bind interface to port failed: interface already bound to port error

I have a scenario where I have a model (initiator) with following ports

tlm::tlm_initiator_socket<32,tlm::tlm_base_protocol_types,0,SC_ZERO_OR_MORE_BOUND> Out;

and another model(target) with following ports

tlm::tlm_target_socket<32,tlm::tlm_base_protocol_types,1,SC_ZERO_OR_MORE_BOUND> In[2];

When I connect them as

initiator_inst->Out.bind(target_inst->In[0]);
initiator_inst->Out.bind(target_inst->In[1]);

I get the following error

Error: (E107) bind interface to port failed: interface already bound to port: port 'init_inst.tlm_base_initiator_socket_0' (tlm_initiator_socket)
In file: ../../../../src/sysc/communication/sc_port.cpp:231

In above example, the Out socket has N=0 so it can connect to many number of sockets, then why I get this error

Thanks

SumitJ

This happens because sc_port overloads operator[]. You need to use sc_vector

tlm::tlm_initiator_socket<32,tlm::tlm_base_protocol_types,0,SC_ZERO_OR_MORE_BOUND> Out;

SC_MODULE(Target) {
    sc_core::sc_vector< tlm::tlm_target_socket<32,tlm::tlm_base_protocol_types,1,SC_ZERO_OR_MORE_BOUND> > In;
	SC_CTOR(Target) : In("In", 2) { ... } //< Number of elemements selected via sc_vector constructor
}

initiator_inst->Out.bind(target_inst->In);

Note: Above is pseudo-code (i.e. not in all the right places), and I have not taken time to verify the detail, but the principle of using sc_vector is correct. You may need to consult the literature.

Hi David

I can not use sc_vector here because in real scenario, I have a interconnect implemented with following ports

tlm::tlm_target_socket<32,tlm::tlm_base_protocol_types,0,SC_ZERO_OR_MORE_BOUND> In;

tlm::tlm_initiator_socket<32,tlm::tlm_base_protocol_types,1,SC_ZERO_OR_MORE_BOUND> Out[N];

and in my platform, there are a case when two Out socket of an interconnect instance connected to same In socket of other interconnect.

Thanks

SumitJ

The problem is that both sockets are binded to same target interface implementation. So:

In[0].get_interface() == In[1].get_interface();

When you bind same interface twice to a single port, SystemC considers this a design error.

Solution depends on your modeling needs. Usually TLM sockets are connected point-to-point and to model interconnect a separate module that forwards transactions from initiator to targets is created.