Up-conversion from 1.0 to 1685-2014

hbhatia

Hi

I am working on a project where I have been handed over an xml file that contains details on all the registers. I am guessing it to be Spirit 1.0 for the file begins with

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<map>

With no prior experience with IP-XACT or any spreadsheet style, I am guessing that this might not be Spirit at all. However, I took my chances and downloaded the xsl(s) for up-conversion available at the following link:

http://www.accellera.org/images/downloads/standards/ip-xact/update_scripts.zip

I ran the convert_ns.pl using

perl convert_ns.pl "ipfile.xml" "opfile.xml"

and this returned no errors.

I can do the same thing with convert_ns1.5.pl script too. And I get an output, just that I do not know if this is the correct output in the desired IP-XACT format. I am guessing it is not, because the latter script points only as far as 1.5 in the string. I don't know if I have to use the xsl file: from1685_2009_to_1685_2014.xsl in the script and if yes, how.

Or try and change the string in the script to point to 1685-2014.

Please help me here.

Thanks

Edit: There are no changes in the output file.

Hello hbhatia,

The first line is the XML declaration and not the IP-XACT declaration.  The file is XML version 1.0 and encoded with the ISO-8859-1 character encoding. The version of IP-XACT would be in the namespace declaration on the first XML tag which may be preceded by comments.  The following example has the namespace declaration corresponding to IEEE 1685-2014 IP-XACT on the ipxact:component tag on the last line:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<!--                                                                      -->
<!-- Generated by Semifore, Inc. csrCompile                               -->
<!--    Version: 2017.09 Build: 336 Windows 64-bit                        -->
<!--    IEEE 1685-2014 IP-XACT XML output                                 -->
<!--                                                                      -->
<ipxact:component xmlns:ipxact="http://www.accellera.org/XMLSchema/IPXACT/1685-2014">

IP-XACT files for register information would contain XML tags like "<ipxact:component>" or "<spirit:memoryMap>".

However, the first XML tag in your file is "<map>".  This tag is not in the IP-XACT schema.  It is unlikely that your file is an IP-XACT file.  Perhaps the file name gives a clue to what schema the file is using.  Otherwise, request an IP-XACT file for the register information.