Modeling a constant power source or constant power sink

Hello Thomas,

The voltage drop across an ideal current source is not defined unless there is some load attached to it, e.g., a reasonably sized resistor. The voltage sink primitive you used is also ideal, i.e., its internal resistance is infinite so that it does not fix the voltage across the current source.

By the way, for voltage sources, it is similar. They only fix the voltage drop across them, but the current through them is fixed by the attached load.

Best regards,

Torsten Maehne

Hello Thomas,

The voltage drop across an ideal current source is not defined unless there is some load attached to it, e.g., a reasonably sized resistor. The voltage sink primitive you used is also ideal, i.e., its internal resistance is infinite so that it does not fix the voltage across the current source.

By the way, for voltage sources, it is similar. They only fix the voltage drop across them, but the current through them is fixed by the attached load.

Best regards,

Torsten Maehne

Torsten, thank you for the well explanation. I could solve it by modeling a real source.