Hi all!

I have a problem adding SCV library. I am new to SystemC! I am using 64bit Windows 7 and I have installed Cygwin x86_64. SystemC works with Eclipse but I am unable to add SCV library. When I try to execute

$ ../configure --with-systemc=/cygwin/c/systemc-2.3.1 

it writes out numerous lines and then I get errors

checking for supported C++ compiler... configure: WARNING: gcc 5.4 is not a supported version (i.e. (3.2|3.4|4.1|4.2|4.3|4.4|4.5|4.6|4.7|4.8)).  Beware.
checking for supported operating system... configure: error: cygwin is not supported

Is there any way to get around this problem?

Should I change configure.ac or configure file? I tried changing the configure.ac file and it made no difference. Changing configure file made this errors

../configure: line 14: $'\r': command not found
../configure: line 29: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
'./configure: line 29: `     ;;

even after changing everything back. Only copying old file instead of the changed one would make the error go away.

my reply probably got lost. Anyway, I managed to rename folder containing libsystemc.a from lib-cygwin64 to lib-cygwin and it successfully finished configure. Make and make install have these errors

../../../src/scv/scv_init_seed.cpp: In function 'long long unsigned int _scv_default_global_init_seed(long unsigned int)':
../../../src/scv/scv_init_seed.cpp:76:19: error: aggregate '_scv_default_global_init_seed(long unsigned int)::timezone dummy1' has incomplete type and cannot be defined
   struct timezone dummy1;
                   ^
../../../src/scv/scv_init_seed.cpp:77:28: error: 'gettimeofday' was not declared in this scope
   gettimeofday(&tp, &dummy1);
                            ^
make[2]: *** [Makefile:542: libscv_la-scv_init_seed.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/cygdrive/c/scv-2.0.0/objdir/src/scv'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:440: check-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/cygdrive/c/scv-2.0.0/objdir/src'
make: *** [Makefile:484: check-recursive] Error 1

Will this work anyway?

Firstly, thanks for all the help. I have followed SystemC-2.3.1 INSTALL manual and done everything it said. Then I downloaded scv-2.0.0 and somehow called

$ configure

and it showed no errors. Then i called

$ make 

and it showed a ton of text and in the end showed errors i copied two posts before.

I called 

$ make install

and it also wrote out a ton of text and printed the same two errors.

I am a bit stuck here. I need to use SCV in Eclipse but i cannot include <scv.h>. Eclipse doesn't see the scv.h file.

I was finally able to call $ make without it getting any errors. There is an error in scv-2.0.0\src\scv\scv_init_seed.cpp: it should include sys\time.h instead of time.h because struct timezone that could not be found is defined in sys\time.h. Now $ make went trough without errors and $ make install and $ make check showed no errors.

How can I connect this library to be used in Eclipse?

I did it!

If anyone else needs it:

there should be libscv.a and libscv.la in lib-cygwin folder in systemc folder after installation of scv library. So just go to the project you are working on in Eclipse -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Cygwin C++ Linker and add scv to the libraries list!

Thank you, Stephan, for all the help! 

• 5 years later...

Hi 🙂

Pretty old topic, but i've found that when trying to build SCV using GCC with MSYS2 on Windows machine i got error that gettimeofday is not defined:

make[2]: Entering directory '/f/libs/repos/_1_downloaded_/scv-2.0.1/objdir-msys/src/scv'
/bin/sh ../../libtool  --tag=CXX   --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../src/scv -I../../config  -I../../src -I../../../src -I../../../src/cudd/2.3.0/cudd -I../../../src/cudd/2.3.0/obj -I../../../src/cudd/2.3.0/util -I../../../src/cudd/2.3.0/mtr -I../../../src/cudd/2.3.0/st -I/f/libs/systemc-2.3.3/include  -Wall -Wformat -O2 -D__MSVCRT_VERSION__=0x601 -O0 -g -D__MSVCRT_VERSION__=0x601 -MT libscv_la-scv_init_seed.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libscv_la-scv_init_seed.Tpo -c -o libscv_la-scv_init_seed.lo `test -f 'scv_init_seed.cpp' || echo '../../../src/scv/'`scv_init_seed.cpp
libtool: compile:  g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../src/scv -I../../config -I../../src -I../../../src -I../../../src/cudd/2.3.0/cudd -I../../../src/cudd/2.3.0/obj -I../../../src/cudd/2.3.0/util -I../../../src/cudd/2.3.0/mtr -I../../../src/cudd/2.3.0/st -I/f/libs/systemc-2.3.3/include -Wall -Wformat -O2 -D__MSVCRT_VERSION__=0x601 -O0 -g -D__MSVCRT_VERSION__=0x601 -MT libscv_la-scv_init_seed.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libscv_la-scv_init_seed.Tpo -c ../../../src/scv/scv_init_seed.cpp -o libscv_la-scv_init_seed.o
../../../src/scv/scv_init_seed.cpp: In function 'long long unsigned int _scv_default_global_init_seed(long unsigned int)':
../../../src/scv/scv_init_seed.cpp:84:19: error: aggregate '_scv_default_global_init_seed(long unsigned int)::timezone dummy1' has incomplete type and cannot be defined
   84 |   struct timezone dummy1;
      |                   ^~~~~~
../../../src/scv/scv_init_seed.cpp:85:3: error: 'gettimeofday' was not declared in this scope
   85 |   gettimeofday(&tp, &dummy1);
      |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~
make[2]: *** [Makefile:542: libscv_la-scv_init_seed.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/f/libs/repos/_1_downloaded_/scv-2.0.1/objdir-msys/src/scv'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:440: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/f/libs/repos/_1_downloaded_/scv-2.0.1/objdir-msys/src'
make: *** [Makefile:484: all-recursive] Error 1

I've followed StackOverflow link provided by Stephan - and then i've spent some time just to notice, that there is lack of #include file of sys/time.h (not sys/times.h, that is already present in scv_init_seed.cpp).

For MSYS GCC some interesting initial #defines (i was curious how to make some fix not only for MSYS, but also for Cygwin, which i also use from time to time) - launching:

g++ -dM -E - < /dev/null | grep -iE "cygwin|win|msys|win"

gave result - for MSYS:

#define __WINT_MAX__ 0xffffffffU
#define __WINT_MIN__ 0U
#define __MSYS__ 1
#define __SIZEOF_WINT_T__ 4
#define __CYGWIN__ 1
#define __WINT_TYPE__ unsigned int
#define __WINT_WIDTH__ 32

and for CYGWIN:

#define __WINT_MAX__ 0xffffffffU
#define __WINT_MIN__ 0U
#define __SIZEOF_WINT_T__ 4
#define __CYGWIN__ 1
#define __WINT_TYPE__ unsigned int
#define __WINT_WIDTH__ 32

Suprisingly, MSYS also #defines __CYGWIN__ (as Cygwin does) together with __MSYS__.

As a fix i've added at very beginning of scv_init_seed.cpp:

#if (defined __CYGWIN__) || (defined __MSYS__)
#  include <sys/time.h>
#endif

Additional check for __MSYS__ seems to be a bit redundant, but left for clarity.

As for now - SCV can be build with MSYS GCC 🙂

Regards !

• 1 month later...