mohitnegi

error in systemc.h 118:16 error std::gets is not declared using std::gets

8 posts in this topic

hi ,

I have updated my gcc compiler to 4.9 version . now when I compile my system C model

with g++14 compiler option enabled ,it is giving this error in systemC header file

systemc.h 118:16 error std::gets is not declared using std::gets

I was not getting this error earlier . I tried building my systemC library with ./configure CXX=g++-4.9

but the same issue comes up ..

can anyone help in this ??

std::fgets was deprecated AFAIR. You can comment this line actually at the moment. An official fix will be probably available with the next release.

hi Stephan/Alan,

so guys any work around for using c++14 with systemC without " error std::gets is not declared using std::gets" .

Thanks

FYI,  I had errors when running "gmake check" as part of my build/install of systemc-2.3.1a.  I modified './src/systemc.h' line 120 from "using std::gets" to "using std::fgets".  The "gmake check" did complete execution after I made this change.  Although other warnings were thrown.  I am using gcc 4.8.5 that has g++ version 6.2.1 20160826  (openSUSE Leap 42.2 x86_64).

@daveW you can tryout the SystemC 2.3.2 draft release which fixes most of the issues while building under C++11/C++14 compilers.

Have a look here:

Regards,

Ameya Vikram Singh

maehne likes this