randomize() with inside syntax

How can I use "randomize() with" along with "inside", on the same line?

Below is some code that solves the problem using >= and <=, but I'd like to use "inside".

module top;

class aclass;
   int index;

function void get_latency;
      //assert (randomize(index) with {index inside {[1:5]}}) else begin  //WHAT IS THE PROPER SYNTAX?
      //assert (randomize(index) inside {[1:5]}) else begin               //WHAT IS THE PROPER SYNTAX?
      assert (randomize(index) with {index<=5;  index>=1;}) else begin    //WORKS
         $display("ERROR:  We failed!");
         $finish;
      end

$display("RESULT: index=%0d",index);
   endfunction
endclass

initial begin
      aclass a_class=new();
      a_class.get_latency();
      $finish;
   end
endmodule

I often grapple with the "randomize with" syntax, getting confused with squiggly brackets and semicolons, and refer to the LRM.  (Any tips that will stick in my head are welcome.)

The syntax is

assert (
         randomize(index) with 
                               { index inside { [1:5] } ;  }  
       ) else begin

It's the same {} as if you wrote named constraint block. Each constraint within the {} needs to be terminated with a semi-colon

constraint range_constraint
                               { index inside { [1:5] } ;  } 

• 4 years later...

mastrick,

Thanks for that.   That is a very good point. 
  For forums or any sort of Q&A I try to show the focus of the post as succinctly as possible.  Doing so, I sometimes use styles I wouldn't ordinarily, like skipping a "begin ... end" when it is not required because there is only one line of code.  (I like to always use begin/end and heavily use parentheses to be explicit.)
 I agree with your point.

Why am I responding to threads from 4 years ago, one might ask?   Because after 3 years of not using UVM and almost no SystemVerilog, I am trying to get the rust off by revisiting questions I've had in the past.  Yes, I was working at a place that favored vanilla Verilog, and where SystemVerilog was discouraged and UVM was not used.