[Cadence] using ml_uvm with uvm from uvmworld

krb

Hello Cadence representatives,

I have a uvm BCL (uvm-1.0p1) downloaded from uvmworld and managed to get it to work with IUS 10.2/013.

Now I want to use ml_uvm with the uvm I have (rather than the one that IUS ships with).

1) Can I get this to work and if so how ?

2) When will Cadence release an IUS version that ships with uvm-1.0p1 ?

If it already does, which version is this ?

Many thanks,

krb

Hi krb

A Cadence rep could give you a definitive answer, but a key aspect of a ml_uvm solution is the synchronisation of simulation phases between e. SV and SC. UVM-1.0p1 made some significant changes to the SV simulation phases with the introduction of run-time sub-phases, phase domains and the ability to jump back in the phase progression. Therefore any existing UVM1.0EA ml_uvm solution will not be compatible with the new UVM-1.0p1 phasing. I'd expect Cadence to release a new ml_uvm implementation for UVM-1.0p1

With respect to your second question, an answer elsewhere on the forum suggests the upcoming June release should include the 1.0 version.

hi,

In general, we recommend that the uvm versions shipped with IUS / IES be used, as they are ensured to run optimally.

> 1) Can I get this to work and if so how ?

To use uvm-ml with uvm-1.0p1 you need to wait for the next uvm-ml release from Cadence, that will incorporate necessary changes in phasing (uvm-1.0 significantly changed phasing compared to uvm-1.0ea, as explained correctly by Bart in the prev. reply). IUS10.2s70 (target for end of June) will include UVM-ML support. We are working to provide a release of uvm10ml as a tar file earlier. if you are interested please contact your local cadence AEwho can get you access once released.

> 2) When will Cadence release an IUS version that ships with uvm-1.0p1 ?

> If it already does, which version is this ?

the most recent IUS 10.20s40 release has uvm-1.0p1 in it. while the default is still UVM10EA you can enable UVM10 by adding "-uvmhome `ncroot`/tools/uvm-1.0" to the uvm commandline.

as a side note: you can use any accellera version with IUS10.20s11+, just point '-uvmhome' to the directory and add uvm_dpi.cc file to the cmdline. you will not have all debug features enabled with the accellera version but yet you can develop+run.

• 2 weeks later...