uvm_compliance.docx - where are referenced standards for packages?

I found the "UVM Interface VC Compliance Checks" (uvm_compliance.docx).

I very much liked it, but I found:

PKDF [Recommended]

Valid distribution format—verify that the package is distributed according to UVM recommendations, as a compressed tar file with the name including the package name and the version number: <package>_version_<version>.tar.gz

My questions are:

1) Where are the UVM recommendations on package format/directory structure? I looked in the various docs on uvmworld, but couldn't find anything obvious.

2) Are there any free automated tools that do these compliance checks?

I found the "UVM Interface VC Compliance Checks" (uvm_compliance.docx).

I very much liked it, but I found:

PKDF [Recommended]

Valid distribution format—verify that the package is distributed according to UVM recommendations, as a compressed tar file with the name including the package name and the version number: <package>_version_<version>.tar.gz

My questions are:

1) Where are the UVM recommendations on package format/directory structure? I looked in the various docs on uvmworld, but couldn't find anything obvious.

2) Are there any free automated tools that do these compliance checks?

1) I think the "ubus" example which ships with the UVM library reflects or should reflect the UVM guidelines.

2) UVM compliance checking is included in the DVT IDE license.

DVT provides automatic UVM compliance checking based on the list you mentioned. Actually the rules are updated to reflect the official UVM 1.0 release, for example build() is now build_phase().

To see how DVT performs UVM compliance checking you can browse the online documentation.

There is no such document published by Accelera. So that is a vendor's view of what "UVM Compliance" actually is. Further, the UVM standard does not go into such things as distribution format or directory structure. I would call on the author of the document to clearly state that it is their "UVM-based methodology compliance check".

Janick is right. The compliance checklist does not come from Accellera. Most of the UVM methodology is based on OVM which, in turn was based on eRM. Cadence (formerly Verisity) created the eRM checklist back in 2002 and this has been used by a lot of customers to help enforce the methodology for enabling internal VIP reuse. When we created the OVM for SystemVerilog we created a similar compliance checklist for customers who wanted to enforce the methodology, and we have recently updated the OVM compliance checklist for the UVM. Even though today the UVM Compliance Checklist is not officially part of the Accellera standard, you should find it very useful for helping enforce a consistent UVM VIP methodology.