SystemC support on windows 8.1

mmustafa88

Hi Everyone - I had been trying to install and run a simple helloworld program using systemc 2.3.1, windows 8 and Visual Studio 2013. The library itself compiles fine. However, When i write a simple hello world program and builds it, it gives error "sprintf is unsafe. use sprintf_s. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS". After disabling it in the options. It started giving me 100's of link errors. I checked with the INSTALL guide of systemc 2.3.1, it only says supported on windows 7. Could this be the problem?

Regards,

Mustafa

Hi,

I did not try SystemC in Windows 8 but I think it should work.

The linker errors are often caused by the use of different versions of the runtime library used by SystemC and the user project.

Please check in the project options that both projects use the same version of the runtime library (as far as I remember Multithreaded-Debug is default in SystemC):

Project properties

-> Configuration

-> C/C++

-> Code generation

-> Runtime library

And ensure that you added the /vmg option.

Greetings

Ralph

• 2 weeks later...

hai ...

i had been trying to install systemc 2.0 in red hat linux in my pc ...
                  i downloaded system c 2.0 file from accellera.
                  i found that it works with GNU compiler ,so i downloaded GNU c++ compiler 2.95.2 and run in linux...i found these message while approaching (error meniond as image below)

I followed these steps for installing GCC compiler...i creatd test file and run it in linux  mentiond in(8&9)...but i found missing something in first four points... i didnt figure out these points(1 to 4)....can anyone help me regarding these installation and my error in it?????????

insatallation steps found in (http://www.tldp.org/LDP/LG/issue49/misc/beekmans/LFS-HOWTO-7.html)

1. Reboot the computer into the LFS system
  2. Remount the LFS partition in read-write mode
  3. Mount the partition that contains the gcc-2.95.2 and gcc-install directories
  4. Create a symlink that links /usr/src/gcc-2.95.2 to the usr/src/gcc-2.95.2 directory that contains the gcc source files.
  5. Go to the gcc-install directory
  6. Install the package by running make install
  7. Go to the /root directory
  8. Compile+link test.c by running gcc test.c -o test
  9. Compile+link test2.c by running g++ test2.c -o test2
  10. Run both programs
  11. If both programs run without errors or crashing than the compilers and linkers seem to be working
  12. Remove the /usr/src/gcc-2.95.2 symlink

post-14499-0-52666300-1418197286_thumb.png

thanks and regards

R.KARTHIKEYAN