parallel two transaction processing ??

hello ,

i have a scenario where i i have an initiator generating transactions and target receiving it and a

model working on that transaction ...

now this model will process only one transaction at a time and reject others , now i need to check this functionality

so i wish to transmitted to transmit two transaction at same time how can that be possible as it is a LT model ..

and things woud be executed at zero simulation time ...

right now inside the model i am using wait and i am transferring to transaction one after another but not sure whether

this is the right approach ...

can anyone suggest me a solution for this ???

If everything works in zero time, then no conflict is possible, and no arbitration is needed.

However you can, as you say, wait in your model, in which case it will take time.

To test how the model reacts, you can send two transactions to the same target port (i.e. from two initiators). b_transport must be re-entrant according to the LRM, so that's allowed.

It's then up to you in your model to build some kind of locking mechanism to represent when the model is busy.

regards

Alan

If everything works in zero time, then no conflict is possible, and no arbitration is needed.

However you can, as you say, wait in your model, in which case it will take time.

To test how the model reacts, you can send two transactions to the same target port (i.e. from two initiators). b_transport must be re-entrant according to the LRM, so that's allowed.

It's then up to you in your model to build some kind of locking mechanism to represent when the model is busy.

regards

Alan

thanks for the reply ...

well how to manage the b_transport implementation in target socket in case of two trans objects ????

You'll need to keep track of some identifier for each transaction. Typically  people use the address of the payload object as a unique identifier.

regards

Al

but using address as a unique identifier(i guess by switching on basis of address inside b_transport) , how will i produce two transaction at same time ....??