Sign in to follow this  
Adam Sherilog

Welcome to the UVM 1.2 Public Review

On behalf of the UVM Working Group (UVMWG), welcome to the public review forum for UVM 1.2. It includes enhanced messaging, improvements to the register layer and other features. As you use it we encourage you to post comments and suggestions to this forum.  We've staffed the forum with some of the UVMWG experts to answer your questions and bring your suggestions into the committee.  We will be analyzing them as part of an effort to take UVM 1.2 to the IEEE by October 1, 2014.

You can find a direct Class Reference link here:  http://www.accellera.org/downloads/standards/uvm/UVM_Class_Reference_Manual_1.2.pdf

You can find a direct tarball link here:

Thank you for your help and we look forward to some interesting technical discussions.

Regards,

Adam Sherer, UVMWG Secretary

hi,

everything is there. see the log.

uwes@vl-uwe[none]~/tmp$ wget http://www.accellera.org/downloads/standards/uvm/uvm-1.2.tar.gz
--10:03:26--  http://www.accellera.org/downloads/standards/uvm/uvm-1.2.tar.gz
           => `uvm-1.2.tar.gz'
Resolving www.accellera.org... 66.179.20.234
Connecting to www.accellera.org|66.179.20.234|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 2,463,986 (2.3M) [application/x-tar]

100%[=============================================================================================================================================>] 2,463,986    230.89K/s    ETA 00:00

10:03:38 (213.24 KB/s) - `uvm-1.2.tar.gz' saved [2463986/2463986]

uwes@vl-uwe[none]~/tmp$ gtar xzf uvm-1.2.tar.gz
uwes@vl-uwe[none]~/tmp$ firefox uvm-1.2/docs/html/index.html &
[4] 21238
uwes@vl-uwe[none]~/tmp$

Aliu - we don't have HTML yet.  Its is something we are considering but we don't have a plan yet.  However, that is very good input!

Leo - we are trying to update the user guide. We should have more information on what can be done after the next UVM working group meeting in early July.

=Adam

Just bringing together some disparate threads comments here...

The tar.gz does contain an HTML version of the reference guide, and it can be browsed after downloading.  There is presently no Accellera "Hosted" copy of the HTML docs, such that you could go to www.accellera.org/.../uvm-1.1d/docs/html/index.html and browse.

As for the User's guide, it is now being treated separately from the base class library, and the release notes should not have mentioned it at all.  The Accellera WG is currently working on the User's Guide for 1.2, so keep an eye on the forums for an update!

i was migrating from uvm-1.1 to uvm-1.2. In the release note, it's mentioned that :

==============================================================================

Topic: Migrating code using UVM 1.2

To ease the process of migrating code to UVM 1.2,
the old (incorrect) behavior remain available.
To restore the old behavior, it is necessary to define
the `UVM_OBJECT_DO_NOT_NEED_CONSTRUCTOR symbol when compiling the UVM library:

| % ... +define+UVM_OBJECT_DO_NOT_NEED_CONSTRUCTOR uvm_pkg.sv

even after doing this i am getting below warning :
UVM_WARNING /remote/vip/apps/UVM/uvm-1.2/uvm-1.2/src/base/uvm_resource.svh(1416) @ 0.00 ps: reporter [uVM/RSRC/NOREGEX] a resource with meta characters in the field name has been created "device0.satasvc_device_vars"
UVM_WARNING /remote/vip/apps/UVM/uvm-1.2/uvm-1.2/src/base/uvm_resource.svh(1416) @ 0.00 ps: reporter [uVM/RSRC/NOREGEX] a resource with meta characters in the field name has been created "device0.satasvc_device_vars.xport0"

These are the warnings from library(when no macro is passed during compilation):
`ifndef UVM_NO_DEPRECATED
begin
for(int i=0;i<name.len();i++) begin
if(name.getc(i) inside {".","/","[","*","{"}) begin
`uvm_warning("UVM/RSRC/NOREGEX", $sformatf("a resource with meta characters in the field name has been created \"%s\"",name))
break;
end
end
end

`endif 

Passing UVM_NO_DEPRECATED during compile time is wrong idea, because this macro is used in others files in library too, and i dont have any idea, what this macro does.
Please suggest me how to get rid of these warnings. 

Thanks