UVM sequence library

eyafe

Hi all,

I would like to give the test writer the a way to select sequence distribution from a sequence list. I'm using the uvm_sequence_library class in order to control the sequences selection in a simulation.

I saw that the index of a sequence in the library is determined by the order of sequence registration to the library (using `uvm_add_to_seq_lib macro).

Is there a custom way to control the sequences index in the library? use enum or string instead or in addition to the index?

I have multiple tests where each can register its own sequences to the sequence library and may change the index value of a sequence.

Thanks,

Eli

For what you want to do, it would be so much easier not to use the uvm_sequence_library and simply put the sequences into an array, and choose an array kind that suits how you want to index it. For example

uvm_object_wrapper seq_lib[type_e]; // associative array indexed by an enum type_e

To register a sequence, you do

seq_lib[my_label] = my_sequence::get_type();

Now you can use any selection mechanism for the index, then call the factory's seq_lib[selected].create_object() to create the sequence you have selected.

Hi dave_59,

Thanks for replying.

I'm having trouble using your suggested solution. When doing "seq_lib[selected].create_object()", the return type is a uvm_object and not the type T of the parametrized uvm_object_regisry#(T,Tname) class, where T is the sequence type.

Since I would like to use the return value inside a `uvm_do macro, it must of the actual sequence type and looks like I have to use casting, which makes the usage of the associative array irrelevant, since I have to do a "case" statement to cast the uvm_object type into a sequence type, according to the enum (associative array key).

What is the best way to execute a sequence from the array, assuming I selected a label?

Thanks,

Eli