Assignment to bool data type

karandeep963

Hello All,

Whats the difference if I assign a value true to any bool type instead of using 1???

As per my knowledge it is better to use true instead of 1 from the point of view of that compiler would easily understand it . -- M i correct here  Q:1 

Does it also reduce the time taken to execute the program as it reduces the implicit conversion for data type usability : ------- M i correct here Q2:

Have a look at the above statement and verify it . In case of any other reason please state it.

This is not a SystemC-specific question.

In C++, the data type bool has either the value "true" or "false", which are by definition converted to 1 or 0, respectively, when the boolean value is converted to an integer. Inversely, a non-zero integer value is always converted to true and a zero value converted to false.

This relation between boolean values and integers allows for an optimal implementation of conditional statements using the conditional jump statement from the instruction set of a common microprocessor. Therefore, the impact of an implicit conversion between integer and booleans should usually not be noticeable in the execution performance of a program.

"true" and "false" communicate much better your intent than some magical numerical constant.