Has any one ever met problems with 'ld' of 'binutils-2.22'

I never had problems with binutils 2.22 (I currently use binutils-2.23 on my Debian workstation).  But I usually don't use ld explicitly and let the compiler handle the linking as well instead.

In general, more important than using some particular linker version is to use the same version for building/linking the SystemC shared library as for the final linking of the simulation executable.

What "issues" do you see?

/Philipp

Hi Philipp,

Thanks for your reply. Both SystemC library and the cases are built with the same g++/binutils ( g++4.6.3 and binutils 2.22 ). The simulation logics are totally wrong, for example, some 'if-else' expressions cannot be executed correctly. I guess there are something wrong with the library linking. After some web searching, I tried that only g++4.8 will work with binutils2.22 for these cases. BTW, SysC lib version is 2.3.

thanks,

Qingwen

I never had problems with binutils 2.22 (I currently use binutils-2.23 on my Debian workstation).  But I usually don't use ld explicitly and let the compiler handle the linking as well instead.

In general, more important than using some particular linker version is to use the same version for building/linking the SystemC shared library as for the final linking of the simulation executable.

What "issues" do you see?

/Philipp

SystemC 2.3 has been successfully tested on Ubuntu 12.04LTS (32/64 bit), which has GCC 4.6.3 and binutils 2.22 as default toolchain.  Therefore, I don't think that there is a fundamental incompatibility between these tool versions.

"some if/else expressions cannot be executed correctly" doesn't sound like a linker problem either.  You can try, if the problem is reproducable in the SystemC regressions package, that can be downloaded from accellera.org.

/Philipp